As a key member of our Technical Team you will support the efficient operation. You will have responsibility for running the day to day operation of our Stores and Stocks, Tec administration on our SAP system and ensuring the warehouse, yard and facilities are kept in good order. In addition you will support our Advertising Displays, Way finding Scheme and Automatic Public Conveniences (APCs).
The post will require a flexible individual to operate in a maintenance/supply chain setting where the necessity to deal with a number of unforeseen incidents is inherent in the role.
Your working week will be 40 hours based on 5 days with one the possibility of working Saturday or Sunday in busy periods
The candidate should have an excellent level of IT expertise especially in relation to spreadsheets and ideally should hold relevant qualifications and or experience in SAP, Materials Management. Applicants should be qualified to drive a reach forklift. Applicants should be prepared to take on further relevant training on a part time basis where necessary.
This is a hands-on role in relation to stock management, purchasing, work order management and facilities management as well as general technical support to the Department. Candidates should show a flexible multi skilled mind-set.
They will be able to work on their own initiative and have the ability to prioritise tasks as required. Some work may be carried out 5 meters plus from the ground so the ability to work at height may be required. They ideally should possess a full clean driving licence or have a reasonable expectation of gaining one in the medium term and be available to work throughout Ireland on occasion, although the bulk of the work is expected to be in the Dublin area in our Depots.
Applicants must have excellent written and spoken English skills and should be a strong team player with an ability to deal efficiently and effectively with suppliers and subcontractors as well as colleagues at all levels
This section describes many of the likely activities in which the Stock Control Technician will be involved. While not an exhaustive list it's designed to give you a feel for the nature and possible scope of the work of what will be a markedly flexible and wide ranging role.
You will be involved in numerous activities such as:
- Purchasing and Stock Control inc:
- Day to day running of our Stores and Stock Control Systems. This will also include procurement and running stock takes as well as keeping records fully up to date on our ERP (SAP) System in relation to stock and work orders and other systems, including our digital equipment database.
- Sourcing, ordering and receiving goods and services.
- Monitoring stock levels, stocking racks and reporting on trends.
- Assisting in the control and organisation of the warehouse and spare parts usage in the workshops and driving the forklift as required.
- Handling returns and warranty issues.
- Issuing stock including PPE and assembling stock for installations and other projects.
- Facilities Management including yard and building EHS data collection.
- Helping resolve and documenting issues both technical and supply chain related.
- Provide technical cover to all other departments as deemed necessary.
- Assist and participate in training programs as required.
- Any other tasks as deemed necessary.