Based in Galway, our client is one of Ireland's leading convenience retails groups, with bright accessible stores in over 450 locations throughout the country.
Ensure the store operates efficiently and effectively and provide our customers with the very best customer service and fresh food offering at all times in a clean, safe environment. To deliver on key store targets (sales and profitability) through effective management of people and operations.
The ideal candidate will have/be:
- 2 years` experience in a relevant position is desirable
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Experience balancing cash/tills
- Excellent communication skills
- Good delegation skills
- Highly driven with a strong work ethic
- An understanding of how to achieve KPIs and targets
- Commerciality and brand awareness
- Passion for grocery retail
- Thrive in a fast-paced working environment
- Actively live the company's brand-values i.e. Proud, Energetic, Imaginative and Community-Based
- Set, monitor and achieve sales targets with the team on gross profit margin, net margin, waste and other KPIs as agreed with Manager
- Implement planograms correctly and ensure the correct range is in place in store
- Merchandise and present the store to the highest standard
- Approachable and a role model who leads by example and encourages teamwork and fosters a positive attitude and atmosphere in the workplace
- Ability to develop and promote good communication between employees and management in a safe, respectful and inclusive environment
- Support Store Manager in the development and training of the team and in ensuring the smooth running of the store
- Manage employee performance, giving regular feedback, recognition and encouragement
- Deal with all customer queries efficiently, professionally and consistent with store policy
- Understand achieving margins in all departments
- Engage with new initiatives and embrace new ways of working.
- Salary within the range of €30K-€40K
- Experience with a recognised leading retailer
- Working in a friendly positive environment
This is an excellent opportunity for an immediate start within a very well established organisation.
For immediate consideration, please forward an up-to-date CV. Please note, interested applicants with previous experience must be available for an immediate interview.
- Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Swords branch on 01-8900190 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.