Store Manager - Grocery
Would you like to run your own store? Would you like to work with an independent business with huge longevity who support your ideas and encourage growth & learning? We have an exciting opportunity for a retail Store Manager with fresh food experience to join a fantastic team in Galway.
Ensure delivery of store targets through the effective management of store operations and personnel. To ensure plans and priorities are implemented through the empowerment of the team and effective performance management techniques. Ensuring that at all times the Customer is at the heart of the Business.
- The recruitment, training and development of high quality personnel for store operations
- Rostering and general management of personnel to ensure adequate cover within budgetary provisions
- Account for weekly labour costs & accurate payment of wages
- Plan and organise operation ensuring consistent service provided to the customer
- Managing the overall performance of the store & ensure team is motivated
- Continually communicate with Assistant Store Manager and staff regarding objectives and store performance
- Setting goals for the store to ensure effective customer service and competitiveness
- Proactive communication to the senior management team
- Sales performance and corrective action in poor performing departments
- Introduction and growth of new concepts in the store
- Scan Margin performance and corrective action in poor performing departments
- Compliance with target payroll hours and weekly holiday KPI
- Accurate wastage measurement and corrective action
- Responsibility for cash office & working to the budgets
- Stock take completion and corrective actions
- Obtaining financial reports, analysing same and reporting any discrepancies to
- Ensure store sales are maximized
- Ensure operation runs efficiently and smoothly
- Plan for market changes and demands as they arise
- Ensure in-store promotions are managed appropriately
- Manage cash handling
- Manage store merchandising
- To ensure all customer complaints are dealt with in the appropriate manner & necessary action is taken
- Ensuring that you are aware of community events and be proactively involved
- Ensure effective stock control systems are in place
- Ensure effective food management and waste systems are implemented, managed and updated appropriately
- Identify areas of stock leakage and ensure effective systems are in place to minimise stock loss
This is an excellent opportunity for an immediate start within a very well established organisation. Did we mention you would be running your own store?!
For immediate consideration, please forward an up-to-date CV. Please note, interested applicants must be available for an immediate interview.
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact the Swords branch on 01-8900190 and apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.