Strategic Finance Manager
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
- Develop and implement a Section Business Plan to support delivery of the Council's Corporate and Community Plans.
- Contribute to the Council's strategic planning processes and the translation of the Council's vision, values and strategic objectives into action.
- Provide the leadership necessary to co-ordinate the activities of a portfolio of services as allocated by the Director. Provide leadership and business focus within the Department and foster effective internal and external partnerships and relationships to support achievement of the Council's strategic priorities.
- Attend meetings of the Council or its committees as required to provide appropriate, high quality, information concerning those areas for which he/she is responsible.
- Attend meetings of the Council or its committees as required and support Council and Elected Members in their policy and decision-making role by providing timely, professional and objective advice on all aspects of the section's functions as required.
- Ensure that the section complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and safety requirements.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Director and staff within the Department to deliver or commission cost effective, efficient, high quality, responsive, robust and integrated services in line with Council's responsibilities and corporate priorities for the residents of MEA.
- Responsible for the effective development and delivery of a portfolio of services including:
- Strategic Finance & Planning
- Financial Policy & Controls
- Statutory Finance
- Capital Finance & Treasury Management
- Financial Accounting
- Rates Estimates and Setting Rates
- EU Funding
- Computerised Financial Systems
- Income & Payment Management
- Management Information & Budgetary Control
Effectively manage and support Line Managers and staff in providing value for money services and proactively bringing about improvement and development.
Support the annual budget and service planning cycle, ensuring the delivery of corporate and departmental objectives, and the robustness of annual and longer term planning.
Lead and manage the section through the production, implementation and effective review of service plans, objectives and priorities.
Protect the Council and services by ensuring that effective Risk Management, Emergency Planning and Business Continuity Plans and procedures are in place, and by ensuring that managers and employees adhere to these plans and requirements.
Applicants must have a degree or post graduate qualification.
be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have three years' management experience in a Finance function, at least one of which should be at a senior management level (see definitions below).
OR Alternatively, consideration may be given to candidates who do not possess the required educational qualification but can demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, that they have five years' management experience in a Finance function, at least two of which should be at a senior management level (see definitions below).
Full membership of one of the CCAB accountancy bodies or an equivalent membership of a recognised accountancy body