Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with the Northern Ireland Civil Service to recruit a temporary Farm Worker to start ASAP for a duration of 3 Months - Summer Cover
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £8.21 per hour
13+ week's £10.29 per hour
Location: Antrim, BT41
Hours: 37 (5 out of 7 days)
Previous experience within a farming environment and knowledge of livestock husbandry is desirable;
- A formal training qualification for any of the following machinery would be advantageous to show baseline competence:- tractor, telescopic handler, counter balance forklift truck, and HGV;
- A full driving licence; and
- Reading and writing skills to record basic agricultural data on record sheets.
- Working outside in a farming environment;
- General livestock duties ie milk cows, deal with daily animal health issues, move and feed livestock, read and record ear numbers, live weights, amounts of feed given;
- Manual tasks include - fencing, hedging, ditching, manual handling of hay/straw bales, meal/fertiliser bags and handling livestock;
- Experience in driving an agricultural tractor is essential and should have experience of operating on hillside terrain;
- Farm equipment tasks may include, for example, tractor driving, ploughing, power harrowing, rolling, slurry/manure spreading, sowing fertiliser, silage making operations:- mowing, tedding, windrowing, lifting with a self propelled harvester, drawing, buckraking into silosh, baling (round/square), wrapping, spraying and working with a complete diet feeder. It may also require working with a telescopic handler, counter balance forklift, or a rubber tyre excavator. Also chainsaw operations and pressure washing. Pressure washing in the pig unit may require working in confined spaces for short periods;
- Drive vehicles on public roads;
- Work in a semi computerised animal feed plant and associated physical duties include bagging, stacking, brushing (may involve contact with low levels of dust), delivering meal to different locations on the farm which will involve driving a counter balance forklift. These tasks are not limited and should be viewed within a broad framework of duties;
- The use of personal protective equipment, eg protective clothing, as required;
- Willingness to sign that they support the ethical use of animals in veterinary and biomedical research; and
- Any involvement with animal rights groups must be reported in addition to identification and criminal record checks.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland