AIM OF POST:
- To be responsible for the overall management and development of the scheme, staff/Volunteers, Centre and equipment.
- To provide a safe, high quality, play scheme service that responds to the age and needs of the children using the scheme, ensuring good practice and meeting policy requirements.
- To participate in the planning/delivery of play activities for children.
- To work in partnership with parents, children, staff and volunteers to develop and deliver a quality service to children and their families.
To Apply for this position you must meet the following criteria:
At Least 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE (within the last 3 years in a play work setting) in the following areas:
Play work setting includes: BB, GB, Scouts Youth club, sports club youth/junior sections, church-based youth activities
Experience of managing a team in a play work setting:
- Setting delivery standards
- Delegate work to team
- Monitor and motivate team
Experience of working with children aged 5 - 11 years in a play setting eg:
- Leading a range of stimulating play activities (arts/crafts, music, small games, group games, storytelling, sports, cookery etc)
- Ensuring play program is inclusive and meets diverse needs
- Interacting with children and managing their behaviour, in a positive and supportive manner, and according to Behaviour Agreement and ensuring consistent/equitable approach
- Meeting safeguarding standards
- Managing Safety and Risk
- Cash handling and administrative experience
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To have overall management responsibility for the staff team and volunteers.
- To motivate and lead the staff team to provide a high-quality scheme, appropriate to the needs of the children and their families.
- To hold daily meetings and ensure that there is effective communication within the team on all matters related to the running of the summer scheme.
- To delegate tasks and responsibilities to ensure effective delivery of the scheme.
- To contribute to designing and delivering an orientation programme for the team in conjunction with CDO
- In conjunction with the CDO, be responsible for all aspects of managing children behaviour through the children behaviour agreement.