AIM OF POST:
- To be responsible for the overall management and development of the scheme, staff/Volunteers, Centre and equipment.
- To provide a safe, high quality, play scheme service that responds to the age and needs of the children using the scheme, ensuring good practice and meeting policy requirements.
- To participate in the planning/delivery of play activities for children.
- To work in partnership with parents, children, staff and volunteers to develop and deliver a quality service to children and their families.
To Apply for this position you must meet the following criteria:
At Least 2 YEARS EXPERIENCE (within the last 3 years in a play work setting) in the following areas:
- Managing a team in a children play work setting
- Administration/cash handling
- Design, management and leading programme delivery
- Managing compliance issues
- Managing Children Behaviours Policy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To have overall management responsibility for the staff team and volunteers.
- To motivate and lead the staff team to provide a high-quality scheme, appropriate to the needs of the children and their families.
- To hold daily meetings and ensure that there is effective communication within the team on all matters related to the running of the summer scheme.
- To delegate tasks and responsibilities to ensure effective delivery of the scheme.
- To contribute to designing and delivering an orientation programme for the team in conjunction with CDO
- In conjunction with the CDO, be responsible for all aspects of managing children behaviour through the children behaviour agreement.