Summer Scheme leader required for Dunmurry from 29th July - 16th August. Salary £10.14 per hr
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To be responsible for the supervision and organisation of the Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council Summer Scheme. The post holder will be responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all children and staff for the duration of the scheme. To ensure that all duties are performed at a high standard and in accordance with all policies and procedures set down by Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council.
- 1. To organise and participate in the running of the Summer Scheme under the supervision of the Summer Scheme Manager/Duty Manager and to delegate tasks as appropriate to the Summer Scheme Assistants.
- 2. In discussion with other Summer Scheme Managers and Assistants, generate ideas and create a suitable activity programme, inclusive of all abilities and ages. The programme should involve sport, games, art and crafts and operate in a friendly and safe environment.
- 3. To supervise outings/trips adhering to Health and Safety Legislation and staff/child ratios.
- 4. To ensure all accidents and injuries are recorded and the appropriate accident form is complete. Report all accidents or injuries to a child to the Parents/Guardian
- 5. To be responsible for the staff management of the Summer Scheme Assistants.
- 6. To keep an up to date attendance register for children, knowing at all times who should be there and who should be collecting the children.
- 7. To liaise with other professionals, carers and parents as appropriate.
- 8. To report to the Scheme Manager any untoward events pertaining to a child, parent, or carer.
- 9. To be familiar with Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council policies and procedures in particular Child Protection.
- 10. To display a professional attitude at all times, in particular when parents/guardians are dropping off and collecting children.
- 11. To ensure that the Summer Scheme premises are kept tidy as the Health and Safety of the children is paramount.12. Carry out other duties, which may be assigned.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICANTS THURSDAY 23RD MAY @ 5.00 PM
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging, we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent, contract and temporary job solutions to a variety of clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.