Supply Chain Buyer
Location: County Armagh
Salary: £27,500 +
Grafton are delighted to be working alongside a superb manufacturing company who due to expansion are seeking to add to their busy Purchasing department.
- The person will be required to help develop and implement, through supply contracts, optimal supply chain solutions in line with the company's defined strategies and goals
- Expedite purchase recommendations from the company MRP process ensuring all customer demands are satisfied on a daily basis
- Involvement in price negotiations and cost reduction initiatives with the supply chain will be a key part of the individual's responsibilities
- To liaise closely with the Quality Department to ensure supplier rejections are promptly dealt with.
- Ensuring all purchasing procedures are adhered to
- Ensuring that all changes to purchasing information/data have been authorised and entered into the system of control
- Effective proactive liaison with other departments as necessary to forecast, plan to meet, and to supply demand to relevant quality
- Maintaining Weekly Key performance indicators
- 3 years' experience of buying in an engineering or aerospace-based company would be an advantage
- General commercial awareness and understanding of costs within a business
- Working knowledge of MRP11 is an advantage
- CIPS qualifications would be an advantage
- Computer literacy is essential as is an excellent understanding of MS Word and Excel.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing, and Procurement & Medical/Health care.