Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Support Mentor to start ASAP for a duration of 6 Months
Pay rate: £12.47
Hours: ADHoc Hours
- Hold a minimum of an NVQ Level 3 qualification or equivalent in an appropriate subject (e.g. Education, Care etc.) Applicants must hold GCSE English Language (Grades A-C) OR Essential skills level 2 or higher in Communication, or equivalent Applicants must hold GCSE Mathematics (Grades A-C) OR Essential skills Level 2 or higher in Application of Number, OR NICATS Access Maths Modules
- Have a minimum of 6 months experience of working one to one with young people or adults in an educational or supportive environment Recent experience of one to one support of those with additional needs
- Responsibility for the mentoring of learners as directed by the Student Support team
- Supervise, support and assist learners to develop independent study skills through the use of equipment, sourcing suitable research materials, explain set work, help solve problems and explore different approaches to learning;
- Under the direction of the Student Support team, support students in the organisation/ management of their work to meet course deadlines/course work schedules, etc;
- Be familiar with curriculum programmes and course regulations to ensure best practice;
- Maintain an awareness of health and safety at all times and ensure that students are aware of safe practices and procedures;
- Regularly update the Student Support team regarding relevant issues;
- Use ICT appropriately in maintenance of effective and efficient records;
- Attend meetings and assist in the completion of actions stemming from these
- Maintain accurate records of mentoring work and to make these available as requested;
- Preparation of relevant documentation e.g. timesheets and all other administrative duties associated with the role;
- Carry out other duties appropriate to the grade and role assigned.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Coleen Lavery will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland