Temporary Support Worker required for a local government organisation based in Belfast.
Rate of Pay: £9.18 per hour
Location: Various locations across Belfast
Hours: 20 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Duration: 4 weeks
- To initiate, organise, supervise and participate in specific activities inside and away from the Summer Scheme as determined by the designated Assistant Community Development Officer or Playworker
- To prepare and arrange materials and resources for use in the Summer Scheme
- To support work with volunteers and staff to help develop the scope of the Summer Scheme programme and the inclusion of children with disabilities
- To work with volunteers and staff in a team in the development of the Scheme programme.
- To fully implement good practice guidelines as set out within the Playwork Code of Practice and to comply with the guidelines set out within the Child Protection Policy
- To fully implement all Health and Safety procedures as required
- To be involved as required in evaluation and monitoring processes
- To undertake such duties as may from time to time be required
- Must be able to demonstrate a minimum of one years' experience in direct supervision of children as a major element of your role and planning/delivery of organised play activities
- Applicants must be 18 or over for child protection purposes
- Recent experience of working with children with disabilities
- Applicants should have an understanding of the legal responsibilities and practical aspects of working with children / young people.
- Good communication skills are essential
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.