Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require a swimming instructor based in Coleraine.
Role : Swimming instructor (Group Lessons and 1-1 Lessons )
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : Monday 3.45 - 5.45 and Saturday 9.30 - 11am
Hourly Rate : £20.00 p/h
Main Duties and Responsibilities :
- Organise, teach, supervise and deliver structured swimming lessons and other water-based activities for schools, groups and members of the public, as directed by management, in such a way as to reflect the diverse requirements (e.g. special needs, mixed ability groups) of individuals within groups.
- To develop, in conjunction with the Centre manager, and deliver a structured quality programme of work/lessons for each group.
- To liaise with parents and school leavers on participant performance and course content, and provide reports as required by management.
- To ensure the safety and suitability of each exercise or activity programme with particular regard to each individual participating.
- To promote a comprehensive range of swim merchandise and advise participants and teachers on specialist swimming equipment )e.g. fins, hand paddles, goggles, swim caps and pool buoys).
- To assist with the Leisure Centre's ongoing Leisure Attendant/Lifeguard training as required.
- To assist with the organisation, co-ordination, delivery, instruction and supervision of Summer Schemes and other general schemes run by Leisure Services.
- To handle, erect and dismantle relevant equipment, undertake daily equipment inspections, ensure that such equipment is in a safe condition for use, and that it is correctly and safely stored.
- To maintain and provide statistical records and reports as required by the Centre manager/Supervisors.
- To assist with the development of teaching and the general leisure programme of the department as required.
- To be responsible for ensuring the prompt reporting and recording of all accidents and dangerous occurrences.
- Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time commensurate with the purpose of the post.
Essential Criteria :
- A recognised Level 2 Swimming Teachers qualification i.e ASA, Swim Ireland or STA Swimming Instructor qualification or equivalent.
- A minimum of 6 months previous swim teaching experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of health and safety issues.
- Strong swimmer.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.