The Client: Local Government body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The Role: To Deliver customer support services and swimming tuition at various levels to individuals of all abilities, groups and schools and will assist in the management of the "Learn to Swim" and school swimming programmes.
Hours of work: 15 hrs per week
- A Current Level 2 ASA Swimming Instructor Qualification or STA Swimming Certificate or equivalent qualification
- Current RLSS National Pool Lifeguard Qualification, assessed at 2 metres (or more) and includes spinal or rescue board or PXB assessment or equivalent nationally recognised qualifications (Applicants not in receipt specifically of a RLSS NPLQ will be expected to attain this within 6 months)
- 6 Months working experience in a customer facing role
- Previous experience of teaching swimming in a structured environment, e.g. devising lesson plans etc.
- Ability to keep accurate records of training and competency
- Strong swimming ability and requisite fitness to perform aquatic rescues
- Attend ongoing training to maintain National Poll Lifeguard qualification
- Have a good knowledge of:
- Role of Lifeguard
- Role of Swimming Instructor
- Workplace Health and Safety
- First Aid
- A current recognised First Aid certificate (e.g. British Red Cross, First Aid at work) OR be willing to attain this within 6 months of appointment
- Previous working experience as a lifeguard
- Experience of cleaning duties in a working environment e.g. public building, office complex.
- Rate of Pay: £9.37 p/hr
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Grafton? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.