MAIN PURPOSE OF POST:
The postholder will be responsible for organising, teaching, supervising and delivering a comprehensive swimming tuition programme and other water-related activities to schools, groups and members of the public.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organise, teach, supervise and deliver structured swimming lessons and other water-based activities for schools, groups and members of the public, as directed by management, in such a way as to reflect the diverse requirements (e.g. special needs, mixed ability groups) of individuals within groups.
- To develop, in conjunction with the Centre Manager, and deliver a structured quality programme of work/lessons for each group.
- To liaise with parents and school teachers on participant performance and course content, and provide reports as required by management.
- To ensure the safety and suitability of each exercise or activity programme with particular regard to each individual participating.
- To assist with the promotion and publicity of activities and events related to the post.
- To promote a comprehensive range of swim merchandise and advise participants and teachers on specialist swimming equipment (e.g. fins, hand paddles, goggles, swim caps and pool buoys).
- Maintain stock levels of badges and certificates and replenish as required to ensure sufficient stocks are available for distribution at all times.
- To assist with the Leisure Centre's ongoing Leisure Attendant/Lifeguard training as required.
- A recognised Level 2 Swimming Teachers qualification
- A minimum of 6 months previous swim teaching experience
This role will include teaching group lessons and 1 to 1 coaching on an adhoc basis
£20.00 per hour