Systems Test Analyst - Public Sector
Business Systems Test Analyst - Public Sector
At Grafton Recruitment we are currently seeking to recruit a Business Systems Test Analyst to take up a contract role with our client, a prominent Public Sector body with Dublin City Centre offices. Although a 12 month contract initially, there is a very strong chance this will be extended on completion.
Reporting to the Business Systems Test Manager, the successful candidate will support and facilitate the effective implementation of testing activities within the organisation's ICT Business Systems team. There will be a focus on planning, execution and monitoring of all test activities specific to the relevant project. Collaborating with existing teams and external stakeholders will also be a key aspect of the role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analyse and understand requirements documentation to understand test scope and estimate test effort
- Define test plans that drive a best-practice approach to software testing
- Implementation of a comprehensive system testing methodology to include functional system testing, integration testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Development of test scenarios, test cases and test scripts, based on industry best practices and experience, primarily covering Functional, UI, Workflow, Solution Integration, maintenance and regression testing.
- Utilise real time test and defect management software (TFS, MTM, JIRA) to ensure delivery of high software quality
- Ensure quality standards are maintained at all times and adopt a continuous improvement approach to systems testing and defect resolution
- Identify and implement improvements to process and standards that enhance the Test Process and improve overall Test and Quality Assurance practices
- Working with multiple teams (client, project management, analysts and developers) to effectively communicate and resolve all test related issues in a timely manner
- Create, track and report on KPI's and key test metrics during the course of the project
- Provide clear weekly updates on testing progress and risks to a wide stakeholder audience
- Ensure requirements traceability and coverage
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Relevant Third Level qualification (e.g. Certificate, Diploma, ICT qualification), or equivalent is essential
- Knowledge of Microsoft Products (SharePoint / Dynamics CRM
- 2-5 years software testing experience with a specific emphasis on Sofware / System Testing
- Proven experience and knowledge of Test activities within the Software Development Life Cycle
- Excellent influencing skills with the confidence to deal with staff effectively at all levels throughout the organisation
- Excellent ability to develop efficient, quality focussed test solutions based on business needs and requirements
- Awareness of ICT industry trends and new approaches to ICT implementation
- Knowledge of Information security systems and Data Protection
This position needs to be filled urgently by this organisation and immediate phone / SKYPE interviews will be held for suitable applicants.
This contract will be offered on a salary scale starting at €36,882 up to €50,404 depending on relevant experience.
To be considered, please send an up to date version of your cv to Laura Craughwell at Grafton Recruitment using the enclosed link.
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland.