Business Systems Test Manager - Public Sector
At Grafton Recruitment we are currently seeking to recruit a Business Systems Test Manager to take up a contract role with our client, a prominent Public Sector body with Dublin City Centre offices.
Reporting to the Business Systems Development Manager, the purpose of this role will be to support and facilitate the effective implementation of ICT Business Systems. The focus will be on test planning, test execution, issue resolution and test status resolution. Collaborating with the internal teams and external stakeholders will also be a key aspect of the role.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with Business Analysts to ensure the needs of users are met
- Analyse functional requirements in order to assist with the development of test scenarios, test cases and test scripts
- Collaborate with the development team to support the resolution of defects
- Facilitate and run workshops to support test activities, including User Acceptance Testing
- Support the execution of tests and the associated defect management process
- Provide clear weekly updates on testing progress to a wide stakeholder audience
- Identify, raise and manage risks associated with testing phase of projects
- Ensure a clear focus is always maintained on the end user and business requirements
- Assist in the transition and handover from "Project" to software support
- Ensure proposed solutions adhere to software application map
- Work with the Business Systems to ensure that ICT delivered systems can continue to operate in case of serious incidents or disasters and is able to recover to an operational state within a reasonably short period
Interested applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Relevant third level qualification in project management, business studies or equivalent
- 4+ year's managerial experience with a specific emphasis on Software/System testing
- Proven experience and knowledge of project management and core business consulting skills, including the Software Development Life Cycle
- Proven experience of defining test strategies and test plans
- Proven experience of managing end to end system test activities
- Extensive people management skills
- Strong stakeholder/vendor management skills
- Proven track record in process analysis, design and ICT implementation
- Effective problem solver with the ability to pre-empt potential issues and to learn quickly and find solutions
- Excellent influencing skills with the confidence to deal with staff effectively at all levels throughout the organisation
- Excellent ability to develop IT solutions based on business need and requirements
This position will be offered on a contract basis until December 2020 and will offer a salary in the region of €55,000 - €65,000 depending on experience.
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Laura Craughwell on 01 4505288.