Talent Acquisition Specialist
TALENT ACQUISITION SPECIALIST - MALLUSK - £30k
Reporting to the Director of HR, you will own responsibility for delivering a full end to end recruitment service to the business (from role identification through to a candidate starting in the business) by proactively planning, attracting, sourcing and maintaining a pipeline of existing and potential candidates to meet the variable business requirements.
Context: The Talent Acquisition Specialist has key accountabilities in ensuring all recruitment is carried out in accordance with the business processes and procedures. The Talent Acquisition Specialist is required to interface with Hiring Managers and Human Resources Business Partners throughout the attraction, recruitment and onboarding process.
- Meet with managers to understand each role, designing & executing the recruitment plan/strategy and agreeing timescales.
- Lead the planning and execution of search strategies to ensure a positive candidate experience through use of job boards, social media, linked in, networking, recommendations and talent pooling (but not limited to this we encourage creativity!) To include the following elements:
- Management and review of the sourcing strategy for each role, communication and follow up with recruiting managers.
- Directly source candidates using appropriate contact channels e.g. CV databases, networking, social media, headhunting, talent pools.
- Ensuring that interview criteria and assessments are agreed in advance with hiring managers
- Pre- screening and telephone interviewing candidates prior to submission to hiring managers to ensure only the highest calibre candidates are submitted to recruiting managers for review.
- Participation in the first stage interviewing of candidates (where appropriate)
- De-briefing candidates following interview ensuring that constructive interview feedback is given in all instances.
- Managing the job offer process, ensuring clear communication regarding contractual terms, start date, salary and expectations of the role.
- Work on passive candidate pipeline development, market intelligence gathering, talent acquisition projects as well as other duties and projects as assigned.
- Manage candidate expectations ensuring they receive an excellent experience including feedback, throughout the hiring process. Deliver a consistent and 'best practice' candidate experience.
- Offer true business partnering with heads of functions and managers to understand current & future requirements through:
- Driving effective stakeholder management of the recruitment service including maintaining a working relationship with business leaders.
- Being highly visible business facing role, regular visits required to key operational locations.
- Own the resource plan for your own specialist area on a rolling 12- month forecast.
- Effectively manage and maintain the recruitment tracking systems. Utilise systems and processes to ensure a high level of data integrity enabling accurate data tracking and reporting.
- In collaboration with the Director of HR manage the recruitment budget to ensure that the function remains within its parameters.
- Source of Hire
- Time to hire
- Cost per hire
- Hiring Manager satisfaction
- Candidate satisfaction
- New hire turnover rate
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience as Talent Acquisition Specialist in an in-house recruitment or agency environment, sourcing and screening candidates for a variety of live vacancies across multiple functional specialisms, geographies and levels.
- Experience in full-cycle recruiting and candidate management.
- Understanding of a broad range of selection methods.
- Proven creative ability in developing and implementing effective candidate sourcing strategies and proficient in the use of social media and job boards.
- Effective capability in direct sourcing including ability to use search strings (e.g. Boolean) to search LinkedIn and job boards
- Experienced in all elements of the recruitment process including: candidate attraction, candidate qualifying, networking, assessing, recruitment related legislation, stakeholder management.
- Willingness to understand the duties and competencies of different roles.
- Working knowledge of Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and databases.
- Able to build positive candidate experiences and build talent pools.
- A high degree of confidentiality and understanding of processing and handling sensitive information.
- Able to assess future Talent through assessment of knowledge, skills and abilities (KSA)
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel & Word.
- Strong skills and experience recruiting passive candidates for niche positions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to deal with employees at all levels, as well as external contacts
- Able to build strong working relationships
- An active listener
- Able to influence positively.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Ability to use good judgement and discretion with highly confidential and sensitive personnel information.
- Capability of working constructively with diverse personalities.
- Must be flexible.
- Ability to travel occasionally is required.
- Ability to take a lead role and own project delivery