This global manufacturing firm requires a Tax Analyst to operate from their Craigavon site as a result of sustained growth of their business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Tax professional to join this firm during a period of organic growth with strong development plan in place for progression in this role. If you are interested in finding out more, send your CV to me in confidence.
- Management of the indirect tax receivable balances for all companies supported by the GBS Business Tax team.
- Completion of the month-end VAT account reconciliations and posting of associated journals.
- Management of year-end statutory audit.
- Management of tax authority audit and queries.
- Support with quarterly VAT cash-flow and balance sheet forecasting.
- Support of month-end close activities where appropriate.
- Support with quarterly corporate tax provision workbooks.
- Setting-up new EU VAT registrations.
- Indirect tax compliance support.
- Ensuring the reconciliation of submitted VAT returns to the general ledger.
- Supporting internal audit and annual Senior Accounting Officer review.
- Responding to queries within GBS and the wider business.
- Drive continuous improvement within the team by reviewing current compliance processes with a view to improve efficiency while maintaining data integrity.
- Ad-hoc project support where required.
- Will ideally be able to evidence 2-3 years PQE in a tax role dealing with tax relating to UK and Ireland regulations.
- Will hold either a professional Tax and/or accountancy qualification ACA, ACCA, CTA/ATT. (candidates close to attaining qualifications will also be considered).
- Customs or VAT experience would be desirable though not essential.
- Effective communicator and collaborator.
- Accountable and proven track record of achieving results even under pressure.
- Organized, drives results and works independently to deadlines.
- Ability to interface with accounting, and finance teams.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience with providing tax responses to HMRC.
- Highly competitive salary, dependent on experience and qualifications.
- Private medical insurance.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Financial Services, Insurance, Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.