Grafton Recruitment is currently recruiting for a Tax Accountant for our client based in Dublin 4.
Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers. They are currently looking to recruit a Tax Account to join there Group Financial Control Team.
The role holder will be responsible for the management of, and regular reporting on, our clients Group tax and treasury activities. This includes developing a detailed understanding of the taxation arrangements of the existing corporate structures within the Group and compliance under all relevant tax areas.
The role holder will also need to understand and develop the funding requirements for each business across the Group and develop corporate models for the medium and long term. The role also includes responsibility for the Group's insurance programme including specialised asset insurance on the East-West Interconnector.
- Develop a detailed understanding of all the taxation (VAT, corporate, stamp duty, RCT, etc) requirements for the Group.
- Point of contact within the Group for taxation matters.
- Ensure compliance under all relevant tax areas.
- Monthly reporting of treasury position for Group, including quarterly reporting to the Board.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the funding requirements for each business across the Group.
- Develop corporate models for the medium and long term to address issues such as funding requirements for significant infrastructure projects, lender requests, dividend frameworks, regulatory modelling etc.
- Develop new lending facilities with various banks to support cash flow projections and matching funding terms with respective capital investment programmes.
- Continuous monitoring of forecast and actual cash flows and matching the maturity profiles of financial assets and liabilities.
- Manage cash balances including the security of placing deposits, assessing returns from deposits and minimising interest costs in accordance with the Group treasury policy.
- Manage risks for the Group's short, medium and long-term funding and liquidity management requirements.
- Manage liquidity risk by maintaining adequate reserves, banking facilities and reserve borrowing facilities.
- Manage the Group's exposure to interest and foreign exchange rate risks.
- Develop and share knowledge of, and demonstrate compliance with, various conditions of lending agreements, including timely settlement of obligations.
- On-going development of and compliance with the Group treasury policy
- Manage reporting requirements to banks and other institutions as required.
- Manage the treasury TWIN system, including inputs and reporting on a regular basis.
- Assist the wider business with ad hoc treasury matters e.g. grant applications, project reporting, compliance reporting etc.
- Manage the Group's overall insurance programme.
- Deal with internal and external auditors in relation to taxation and treasury matters.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) with a minimum of 5+ years relevant post qualification experience
- Tax experience/qualification.
- Excellent working knowledge of accounting packages and excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills
- Excellent financial modelling skills
- Proven ability to manage critical processes against tight deadlines
- Ability to identify issues arising and work with senior management towards resolutions
- Proactive approach to work
- Experience of working in a company/group treasury function (including knowledge of lending agreements).
- Knowledge of Regulatory reporting requirements
- Excellent salary and benefits package on offer
- Located in Dublin 4 close to all public transport
- An opportunity to work with a progressive and innovative company
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have to tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Ciara Connolly on 01 5175040.