Team Leader - Connections and Contracts
Grafton Recruitment is currently seeking an experienced Team Leader on the Connections & Contracts (C&C) Team for our client based in Dublin 4.
Our client is a leading Irish energy business, dedicated to the provision of transmission and market services for the benefit of electricity consumers.
Connections & Contracts (C&C) is an all-island team comprised of highly skilled professionals with backgrounds in engineering, economics, business and commerce.
C&C is responsible for the preparation and management of contracts for large scale generators, energy consumers and suppliers connecting to and/ or using the transmission system in Ireland and Northern Ireland and for supporting the development of associated regulated policy and contractual terms.
The C&C team now requires a team lead to undertake a lead role for C&C to ensure delivery of its key objectives. This will include developing and embedding new processes and procedures to support the delivery of offers for connection to and use of the transmission system and the management of the resulting agreements.
- Lead agreement processing, contract management, the Offer Process Management Office (OPMO) and related activities.
- Lead the C&C team in working effectively with technical, financial, legal and regulatory teams to ensure delivery of cross-functional objectives.
- Ensure contractual obligations are met in accordance with approved regulatory connection policy and with an appropriate level of corporate governance.
- Represent my client in stakeholder, regulator and customer discussions and negotiations.
- Input into the consultation, review, co-ordination and implementation of terms and conditions of connection and use of system agreements.
- Assist with the development and implementation of connection policy.
- Lead the allocation of projects and tasks to the team to ensure delivery against targets and deadlines.
- Lead the development of robust operational business processes, procedures and methodologies for C&C delivery.
- Liaise closely with and maintain good working relationships with other parts of the Group, the Regulatory Authorities, the Distribution System Operator (DSO), connecting customers and other stakeholders.
- Liaise regularly with the Head of C&C and ensure potential issues are raised in a timely manner, along with proposed solutions.
- Contribute to the strategic development of the C&C team and the External Affairs Directorate.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Relevant degree typically with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience
- Proven ability to motivate and lead a successful team.
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Experience working with commercial contracts and a strong understanding of the technical, commercial and legal aspects of the contracts.
- Experience in dealing with customers/ third parties on a contractual basis.
- A strong track record of project management and delivery.
- Demonstrated flexible working approach with ability to lead and prioritise a wide range of demands and activities whilst maintaining a professional and positive focus.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to guide, persuade and influence others through developed skills of communication and diplomacy.
- Excellent analysis, judgement and problem solving skills along with an ability to make decisions promptly and effectively.
- Capable of making decisions impacting their department within the objectives and strategy guidelines of the organisation.
- Proven understanding/ good technical knowledge of the power system and connection offer process.
- Project/ programme management and process development experience.
- Experience working with connecting customers and related stakeholders.
- Knowledge of connection contracts and regulatory framework.
- An understanding of other departments/ business functions and how their processes interact to achieve C&C goals.
- Excellent salary and benefits package €65,000-€75,000
- Located in Dublin 4 close to many public transport routes
- An opportunity to work with an innovative progressive company
Why use Grafton?
We know that finding the right job can be challenging but we have the tools and resources to succeed. We are an established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary clients in multiple industry sectors in Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by the clicking the button or call Anna Feehan on 01 4505288.