Grafton specialist our proud to be assisting our client, one of the largest, family owned, veterinary pharmaceutical companies in the world in their search for a talented team leader who will give direction to the plumbing and pipework maintenance team.
Are you a born leader with …
- A minimum of 3 years previous post apprenticeship plumbing or pipe welding experience in a maintenance / engineering environment?
- Previous experience of operating a preventative maintenance schedule?
- Strong technical skills?
- Logical and well organised approach to problem solving?
- Microsoft Office skills?
- Good communication skills both written and verbal?
Based within the maintenance department and reporting to the Senior Maintenance Manager the successful candidate will be responsible for supervising a team of plumbers, pipe-welders and fitters to ensure the maintenance priorities are met on a day to day basis.
This role will require on-going engagement from all of the different departments and
stakeholders which will involve significant people engagement as well as a good technical understanding of the systems.
- Give clear direction to plumbers and pipe-welders regarding the jobs requiring completion
- Prioritise technical duties to ensure Norbrook operations duties are met.
- Ensure workmanship standards are met at all times.
- Implementation of all Norbrook HR policies and procedures
- Management of all teams holidays and absences
- Assure performance of team maintained and improved.
- Agree metrics with management and track performance of team.
- Ensure completion of worksheets of work completed
- Management of contract staff.
- Audit 3rd party service providers for capability and value.
- Assess work completed of 3rd party for workmanship standards and adherence to contractual requirements.
- Processing of parts ordered and ensure all procurement processes are followed.
- Ensuring that correct materials of construction are used for each job
- Ensure that safety permits (including line breaking/electrical lock-out, access to heights using ladders/access platforms/equipment and other relevant permits) are strictly adhered to while the jobs are being performed
- Complete a safety review of the proposed jobs before commencement, identifying the most suitable pipe route, valve arrangement and the impact of the change on existing infrastructure.
- Ensure that the area is cordoned off with safety barriers/tape while work is taking place
- liaise with the area managers to schedule work at the most suitable time to ensure that downtime is minimised
- ensure that the pipework has been cleaned and pressure tested upon completion (if necessary) before handing back to the area manager and that the area has been tidied up
- ensure that drawings are updated following changes to pipework
- Use of the PEMAC system
- Ensure that pipe fitters/welders have the appropriate certification to complete the job
- Track the costs of each job so that materials and labour can be assigned appropriately
- Work with immediate supervisor to ensure that change control aspects are being followed with the proposed work.
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Salary - Excellent package available so please get in touch for more information.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.