- Assessment of developers submitted drainage layout including sustainable drainage systems for future adoption by NIW.
- Inspection and assessment of developer constructed sewers for adoption.
- Design of on-site water mains to be laid within development sites.
- Direct liaison with NIW contractors to facilitate connection to the sewer network and repairs to development sewers.
- Direct liaison with NIW operational staff to facilitate laying of water mains within housing development.
- Site visits throughout Northern Ireland to facilitate inspections of sewers.
- Keep accurate records.
- Provide input to provide answers to queries from public representative, senior management and the Department as required
- Delivery of KPIs to meet Company, Function Team and Personal Objectives.
- Have an awareness of, and know how to apply relative legislation specific to new and existing infrastructure and servicing development
- Meet Company Team and Personal KPIs
- Work within a small technical team, utilise available resources to support the work of the local team and the Developer Services team in general. Work effectively to support the wider NI Water aims and objectives as a whole
- Needs to be a good communicator, and is empowered to respond to front line customers.
- Customer Compliance standards and agreed targets within relevant MoUs
- Control of NIW contractors to complete on-site inspection and repair of sewers as appropriate.
- Have a knowledge of the Company's annual Scheme of Charges and apply same within the procedures and processes associated with the delivery of Developer Services schemes
- A minimum of a HNC in Civil Engineering or a Water Industry Certificate and a minimum of 2 years' experience in the design of sewerage systems to include (hydraulic assessment of sewers and knowledge of relevant standards).
1. Proficient in the use of MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Access.
2. A minimum of 4 years' experience in the design of sewerage systems to include (hydraulic assessment of sewers and knowledge of relevant standards)
3. A current valid driving license or access to a form of transport which will enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the post.
- Knowledge in the use of Microdrainage software to facilitate drainage design
- Knowledge in the use of geographical information system.
ORGANISING AND PLANNING
- Demonstrate clear organisational and planning skills that show the ability to deliver quality and accurate work to a high standard in an orderly and manageable way using appropriate systems to meet set targets and to meet customer compliance
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKING
- Display an aptitude for applying technical knowledge and experience to solve problems and make timely and accurate decisions that are well judged
- Be open and direct in giving instructions and responses in a clear and concise manner to ensure that the message is understood in a meaningful way.
- Be able to show effective qualities in team working and have an open, forthright, and direct manner in dealing with team members, the wider forum and the general public while being firm in the application of Company policies and procedures.