Our Client, a large Public Sector Organisation require a temporary Technical Advisor for a period of 6 months. The successful candidate will deal directly with approval and adoptions of sewerage infrastruture within new development interfacing with developers and their agents. They will also assist in the design of water mains and completion of planning applications.
Duration: 6 months
Pay rate: £12.47
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- Assessment of developers submitted drainage layout including sustainable drainage systems for future adoption by client
- Inspection and assessment of developer constructed sewers for adoption.
- Design of on-site water mains to be laid within development sites.
- Direct liaison with client contractors to facilitate connection to the sewer network and repairs to development sewers.
- Direct liaison with operational staff to facilitate laying of water mains within housing development.
- Site visits throughout Northern Ireland to facilitate inspections of sewers.
- Keep accurate records.
- Provide input to provide answers to queries from public representative, senior management and the Department as required
- Delivery of KPIs to meet Company, Function Team and Personal Objectives.
- Have an awareness of, and know how to apply relative legislation specific to new and existing infrastructure and servicing development
- Work within a small technical team, utilise available resources to support the work of the local team and the Developer Services team in general. Work effectively to support the wider aims and objectives as a whole
- A minimum of a HNC in Civil Engineering or a Water Industry Certificate and a minimum of 2 years' experience in the design of sewerage systems to include (hydraulic assessment of sewers and knowledge of relevant standards).
- A minimum of 4 years' experience in the design of sewerage systems to include (hydraulic assessment of sewers and knowledge of relevant standards)
2. Proficient in the use of MS Office applications including Word, Excel and Access.
3. A current valid driving license or access to a form of transport which will enable you to fulfil the responsibilities of the post.
1. Knowledge in the use of Microdrainage software to facilitate drainage design
2. Knowledge in the use of geographical information system.
If interested please upload CV to the link provided.
Please note the successful candidate will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Check at a cost of £18.00