Location: Co Down
Salary: 25-35k, Negotiable, depending on experience
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Technical Buyer for one of Ireland's leading organisations. The business operates within technical, pharma and vetinary medicine sectors and supply to over 120 countries globally.
Based within the Procurement Department, the successful candidate will assist in the sourcing and procuring of materials, managing suppliers, negotiation of prices, stock control, cost reductions and supporting NPD and strategic sourcing initiatives. This position will involve regular contact with internal departments and external suppliers, as well as working with various IT software and systems.
- Ensuring that all Materials are sourced, approved, ordered and delivered in a timely, compliant and cost effective manner to meet company requirements;
- Supporting vendor approval and managing supplier performance on an ongoing basis, striving for Supplier OTIF with consistent quality and compliance meeting both GMP and GDP requirements, engaging relevant internal stakeholders (including Quality) as and when required;
- Working with key internal stakeholders to minimise the risk of interruption to supply to new and existing product portfolios, and thus supporting Customer OTIF;
- Liaise with the Accounts Payable department to manage Supplier Accounts, ensuring continuity of supply of required materials and addressing any price discrepancies;
- Meet suppliers on an ongoing basis to discuss any issues involved in the supply, quality, and pricing of materials/services;
- End to end management of Change Controls initiated by Purchasing linked to new sources;
- Support strategic initiatives and requirements for new product development and product launches.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent;
- More than 2 years' experience in a similar busy and challenging office environment, with strong organizational and prioritisation skills;
- Highly numerate with strong IT skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Evidence of excellent Organisational & Problem Solving Skills, demonstrating initiative, attention to detail and ability to complete tasks within strict deadlines;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and be confident of liaising at all levels to both internal and external stakeholders.
- CIPS or equivalent certification;
- At least 1 year's procurement experience in a busy results orientated manufacturing environment.
The successful candidate will enjoy an attractive starting salary, which is negotiable depending on experience.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.