Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a Technical Officer to join their team.
Role : Technical Officer
Location : Ballymoney
Hours of work : Monday to Friday 37hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £14.12 13 weeks + £15.81
Main Duties :
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Estate Service Plan to promote the delivery of the high quality, cost effective maintenance and improvements to the Council Assets.
- Support the Area Managers with the current agenda of change including the delivery of services within the context of enhanced customer demand.
- To work closely with other departments and any other relevant organisations and groups to ensure coordinated service delivery and implementation of the Corporate Plan.
- Attend meetings of the Council and any relevant working groups, prepare and present reports when required.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- A 3rd Level Qualification (e.g HNC/D, NVQ Level 4 or equivalent ) in a construction or building related subject; along with 2 year's experience in the building industry/construction field
- 4 years experience in the field of building maintenance/construction
- Carrying out property condition surveys - encompassing building fabric & M&E Services.
- Production of condition reports & remedial action recommendations for in house/external works team.
- Design and implementation of various projects (both new and refurbishment).
- Knowledge of the statutory approval process.
- Project management of multiple sites.
- Production of tender documents to procure services within a multi - location estate.
- Production of cost estimates for small works.
- Experience in use of AutoCAD.
- Preparation of project budget.
- 2 years' experience of using MS Excel, Word & Outlook.
- A thorough knowledge of the techniques and standards of building construction, maintenance and repair.
Must have a current full Category B Driving Licence valid in the UK and access to a car or have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post in full
*Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.