Role: Technical Project Manager
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Technical Project Manager for a leading Global company based in Letterkenny.
An an exciting opportunity for a Technical Project Manager. The successful candidate will work closely with the delivery team in Ireland and in the US.
The ideal candidate should have project management experience, with strong communication skills, strong emotional intelligent skills and a track record of project delivery.
· Plan, control and monitor business/IT projects throughout the project lifecycle
· Facilitate initial proposal meetings and ongoing discussions throughout the project lifecycle
· Complete work breakdown structure to estimate effort required for each task and identify when each task will be performed
· Communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders
· Act as a mediator between team members and stakeholders
· Effectively manage project scope by ensuring that changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms
· Work with the project sponsor to provide initial and then detailed project estimates
· Prepare agenda for meetings, ensure that correct participants are included, and host meetings
· Work with project sponsor to facilitate the project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverable, required resources, budget and timing
· Develop tools and best practices for project management and execution
· Prepare regular status updates and presentations for Project Sponsor and senior management
· Coordinate project phases and tracks progress
· Track issues and risks and escalate as appropriate
· Control and monitor project activities in accordance with our processes and project lifecycle
· Work closely with external vendors if / or as required
· Ensure organizational readiness for project deployment
· Exceptional communication and relationship building skills are essential for this role
· Strong organizational and coordination skills are essential as is the ability to multitask and work with stakeholders in diverse locations.
· Strong leadership skills with the ability to influence and motivate peers and senior managers in partner organizations and to work across organizations to gain buy-in and build consensus to deliver on objectives
· Experienced in planning, controlling and monitoring projects to ensure projects are delivered on or within agreed schedules.
· Articulate, confident and assertive
· Process driven with a focus on quality and product delivery
· Self-motivated with an ability to work in teams, meet tight deadlines and possess enthusiasm and a willingness to learn new disciplines.
· The ability to lead through influence and be a strong independent contributor.
· Demonstrated leadership and team management abilities
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
· Strategic, operational and technical management skills
· Flexible and be able to rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
· Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments
· Demonstrate a creative and innovative approach to technical solutions.
· The successful candidate should be willing to adapt their normal working hours as required to facilitate meetings with US colleagues
Education / Qualifications
· Educated to degree level
· PMP, Prince2 or Agile PM certification
· Minimum 3 years project management experience
· Agile knowledge a distinct advantage
· Salesforce certification an advantage
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.