Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Technician Demonstrator to start ASAP for a duration of 2 Months
Pay rate: £9.42 per hour
Location: Newry (there will be a requirement to travel to other campuses)
- A minimum of NVQ Level 3 qualification in a relevant business area i.e Catering or Hospitality (or equivalent qualification)
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in English or Essential Skills Level 2 in Literacy or an equivalent qualification.
- A pass grade at GCSE Level in Mathematics or Essential Skills Level 2 in Numeracy or NICATS Access Maths Modules or an equivalent qualification.Essential Experience
- A1 Assessors Award or equivalent
- A minimum of 3 years (within the last 7 years) relevant industrial experience to include managing stock control
- A working knowledge of a range of software packages including Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience of working with apprentices/trainees/students
Other Essential Criteria
- A full current driving licence which enables you to drive in Northern Ireland and access to a car for official business purposes
- Supporting lecturing staff before and during lessons by preparing and making available equipment, materials and tools
- Assist and supervise apprentices/students during practical and theory sessions including demonstrating techniques as specified by the lecturer
- Issuing equipment and materials to students in accordance with college procedures
- Monitoring workspaces used for self directed study
- Operate and train staff in the use of complex resources, materials, equipment and/or tools using safe working practices
- Monitor equipment and materials to ensure safe usage, storage and compliance with college policies
- Carry out and/or advise on, within health and safety guidelines, the basic servicing and maintenance of tools and equipment, both portable and fixed, and keeping records of such servicing and maintenance.
- Keep records relating to the movement of equipment/materials ensuring effective stock control.
- Undertake regular stock takes.
- Regular cleaning of resources, materials, equipment
- Test electrical and other equipment in line with college policies
- Advise on health and safety and hygiene issues in relation to the use of equipment
- Carry out laundering duties as required
- Check and record monies received daily
- Carry out and keep up to date records of risk assessments within the school
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £26/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Shauna McGrath will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland