Temporary Full Stack Java Developer (Circa 23 months)
Location: Letterkenny Co Donegal
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a Temporary Full Stack Java Developer (Circa 23 months) role for a company based in Letterkenny Co Donegal who provides a vast range of business and technology services. This post requires an experienced Full Stack Java Developer
The company provide Financial Product's and Services to retail and institutional customers in over 30 countries.
The company's Chief Investment Office (CIO) is responsible for developing the asset allocation strategy and overseeing asset/liability management for the company's insurance businesses. They are primarily focused on the construction of well-diversified investment portfolios to protect the Company's invested capital and pricing margins. These portfolios consist of cash market securities and derivatives instruments, the latter of which are used to hedge the insurance liabilities underwritten by the company.
This position will be within CIO's Technology and Operations Group supporting the Trading and Hedge Management Trade Desk.
Full Stack Java Developer
This Full Stack Software Developer will work on the Technology and Operations team and will be specifically responsible for the end-to-end technology solutions enabling the daily hedging processes.
This position requires an individual with strong analytical, programming, problem-solving, organizational, and technical writing skills who must be able to work on complex projects with minimal guidance.
- Proficient with high-level programming languages like Java, or Python
- Familiar with back end development framework like Spring and ORM Framework like Hibernate or JPA
- Familiar with various systems development lifecycles (SDLC, Agile)
- Strong sense of OOP software design concept
- Exposure to a relational database like SQL Server, or PostgreSQL
- Knowledge with AWS or Google cloud is a plus
- Prior experience with a web server like Tomcat, Apache or Jetty is a plus
- Prior knowledge with financial concepts is a plus: trading, financial instruments, derivatives, asset management, etc.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Self-learner, technology advocate eager to work on any challenge
- Demonstrated capability in Prudential Leadership Competencies: especially Strong Moral Compass, Taking Appropriate Risks, Collaboration, and Execution
- Flexibility to support US business hours as needed
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.