Duration: Contract role initially until 28th Feb 2020
Working in a financial services remediation function, the Test Analyst is responsible for undertaking testing activities to agreed timescales, cost and quality to prove that solutions satisfy customer needs and business operating principles. Testing can relate to all or specific stages of the project life cycle including smoke/sanity, static testing, systems testing, systems integration testing, user acceptance testing, non functional testing and release testing. The degree of expertise and specialism required increases as a Testing Analyst becomes more experienced and skilled.
Knowledge and experience required for the role will include:
- Silk/ALM experience
- Practical experience of test script design, planning and execution plus bug/defect management
- Experience of Systems Development Lifecycle.
- Experience in non functional testing-load, volume, stress, security, accessibility, compatibility, penetration and back-out.
- Experience of delivering testing activities in a Technology/IT function.
The role holder:
- Understands and analyses testing requirements, including non functional requirements. Works with colleagues to plan and manage the work necessary to perform and monitor testing for projects.
- Reviews the requirement specifications, functional specification, business requirements documents, non functional requirements, design documents and ensures that the test requirements are understood to build the test plans (for both functional and non functional requirements).
- Reviews, analyses and provides feedback on project documents to aid the creation of test plans, test schedule and test strategy.
- Raises queries to fill in the gaps and highlight any risks to the Test Manager/Lead for the corresponding work packet.
- Produces test plans (functional and non functional) to detail the approach to the planning and execution of tests for a specific phase of testing aligning to test strategy.
- Designs test scenarios (functional and non functional) and cases including systems testing, systems integration testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing, non functional testing and release testing. Ensures collateral produced will verify the solution proposed and will have full traceability back to the initial requirements.
- Provides support in highlighting all Software including non functional requirements and Hardware requirements and ensures that the Test environment is fit for purpose through Smoke/Sanity Testing before start of Test execution.
- Reviews and manages test execution, functional and non functional test results, including regression testing and re-testing activities and outputs across the different phases of testing.
- Creates test completion reports, ensures defects are clearly and concisely documented in the Defect Management system and ensures timely reporting to raise issues/defects, daily reporting, progress against plan. Monitors receipt and re-test of fixes required.
- Provides effective defect management including defect triage and liaison with 3rd parties.
- Understands RAID and manages them to ensure that there is no leakage into Production.
- Supports the building of Test Is Complete reports.
- Establishes and builds relationships to facilitate the achievement of goals and support the momentum of projects throughout the project lifecycle.
- Promotes continuous improvement and identifies opportunities for efficiencies to maximise the customer experience and reduce test cycle time.
- Applies testing and delivery standards by understanding the development lifecycles and minimum mandatory requirements.
- Supports the Test Manager/Lead through the Testing Life Cycle.
If you are interested in this contract position please forward your CV via the link.