Tourism Events Assistant
Main purpose of post
This member of staff is needed to contribute to the planning and delivery of the busy events season ahead. There is an identified operational need to uplift the existing staff compliment within the Tourism Events Team, due to a reduction in staff with the recent departure of the Events Manager and the Seasonal Events Assistant postholders.
The post will assist with the preparation, planning and delivery of events and entertainment programmes through Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council. In particular, this post will assist and support the marketing function within the Events Team, through the provision and delivery of a creative and innovative marketing service.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To assist the Events Officer in organising and implementing a full range of events and seasonal programmes in Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.
- To assist the Events Officer in identifying new events for Causeway Coast and Glens Borough Council.
- In the absence of the Events Officer delegate tasks to and supervise staff involved in events.
- To assist in the administration of Council Grants and assist voluntary and community groups in the running of a wide range of events.
- To assist in seeking sponsorship, financial or other forms of support, towards Council events.
- To assist in seeking grant assistance for events from government departments or other relevant bodies as directed.
- To assist with media coverage and ensuring that appropriate publicity and information is provided to the public on events.
- To liaise as required with the Mayor, Councilors, Council Officers/Departments, other Public Bodies, Professional Entertainers, Contractors and Suppliers in relation to events.
- To assist in the designing and production of posters, flyers, tickets and adverts for events.
- To deal with event enquiries from the general public.
- To collect money at and attend events as required.
- To know and implement Council's Health and Safety Procedures for events and assist in ensuring that suitable arrangements are made for the safety of staff and the public at events and that insurance cover is in place at all Council events and activities relevant to post.
- To ensure the optimum utilisation of Council and other resources in the Borough in the running of events.
- To assist in up-dating the events section on the Council's web-site.
- To assist the Events Officer in carrying out post-event evaluations.
- To assist the Events Officer in the preparation of estimates pertaining to events.
A minimum of 5 GCSE's (grades A-C) or equivalent
- Organising and delivering an event/s.
- Using Microsoft Office full suite of products.
- Dealing with the general public.
- Experience of working in a team.
- Experience of dealing with suppliers and external event providers.
- Previous cash handling experience
- Available to work evenings and weekends as necessary
- Must have a current valid Category B (car), Driving Licence or *have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post. *Applies only to applicants who have a disability under the Disability Discrimination Act.
30hrs per week
£10.20 per hour increasing to £12.85