Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation require two Tourist Information Receptionists one to start in April through to September and one for the Summer Months in Ballycastle.
Pay rate: Weeks 1-12 £7.50 p/h
Weeks 13+ £9.16 p/h
Hours: April to June and September: Monday to Friday 3 hours daily
July and August: 55 Hours Split between 2 people.
- To provide visitors and residents with a welcoming and helpful service, that meets the customer needs, in all aspects of visitor information
- To assist visitors with their enquiries including providing an information service, advice, guidance and literature delivered in person, by telephone, fax, mail and email, on visitor attractions, events, activities, accommodation etc in the local area and Northern Ireland as a whole, to out of state visitors and local residents
- To take bookings for tours and accommodation and assist in organising trips and events, selling tickets and retail goods and associated cash handling
- To actively promote and sell the accommodation & ticket booking service and sale of retail goods to generate income and offset costs, to tourists and local residents and to premises within and outside Northern Ireland.
- 5 GCSE's (Grades A - C) or their equivalent including English language and a numerical subject
- 6 months experience of handling cash and of cash reconciliation
- 6 months experience of dealing with the general public in a customer facing environment which has links to tourism, travel or hospitality
- 6 months IT experience of Microsoft Products to include 'Word', 'Excel' and 'Access'
- Have an awareness of the tourism products on offer within the borough
- Experience of carrying out light housekeeping duties.
- Required to work on ceretain designated public and bank Holidays, and weekends as required.
- RSA/OCR Stage II Word Processing or RSA/OCR Stage II Typewriting
- Awareness of the tourism products within Northern Ireland
- An ability to speak a second widely used European language
If you are interested in this position and meet ALL essential criteria please apply directly via the link.