Trade Effluent Sampler
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation requires a temporary full time Trade Effluent Sampler to start as soon as possible for a temporary assignment expected to last 6 months with possible extension.
Pay rate: £8.77p/h
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
A minimum of 5 GCSE's Grade C or above, to include English and Math's, or equivalent.
Demonstrable experience in dealing with customers face-to-face in a positive manner.
Demonstrable experience in managing own work load, with the ability to plan and prioritise.
A full current driving license enabling the post holder to drive in Northern Ireland as they will be required to drive a vehicle for business purposes
Medically fit to undertake manual handling duties associated with role e.g. lifting of sampling apparatus and manhole covers in excess of 12kg (Please note successful candidate will be required to pass medical assessment before commencement of role)
The main purpose of the role is to assist in the monitoring and control of trade effluent discharges in order to ensure compliance with traders consents and to prevent any operational problems within the business area. This role involves the collection of all types of samples from industrial premises and the delivery of samples to either specified collection points and/or the analytical lab.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Set-up and retrieve automatic samplers at numerous industrial premises and various business specific premises throughout Northern Ireland.
- Routine planned maintenance and preparation of portable sampling equipment.
- Ensuring sampling equipment is fit for purpose and report any defects identified.
- Delivery of samples to courier and/or receiving laboratory.
- Loading and unloading of sampling apparatus and associated equipment into and out of service vehicle and securing vehicle at designated depot at end of working day.
- Routine maintenance and cleanliness of vehicle, including daily inspections and reporting of faults or damage.
- Carrying out on site tests which may include pH, temperature etc. and recording of such results
- These activities will require the lifting and replacement of manhole covers and manual transport of sampling equipment across industrial premises.
- Sampling will also include spot sampling and collection of tankered samples at designated points.
- Visual interrogation of samples and recording of any anomalies on pro-formas or recording devices.
- Assist in the development of a trade effluent sampling programme.
- Collection and recording of Trade Effluent related meter readings from customer premises.
- To assist in investigations relating to Trade Effluent discharges, including potential evidence gathering and provision of witness statements.
- Completion of all paperwork associated with sample collection and the use of electronic devices to record data as required.
Note: This post will involve regular lifting of loads in excess of 12kg e.g. crates containing full sample bottles, sampler bases containing 24 full sample bottles, manhole covers, etc.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £18.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Shauna McGrath will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**