Trainer Assessor - Business Administration
Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Trainer Assessor - Business Administration to start ASAP or a duration of 4 Months (initially)
Pay rate: 0-12 week's £12.71 per hour
13+ week's £12.71 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT14
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Applicants must hold a minimum of a level 3 qualification (e.g. NVQ level 3) in the professional and technical area(s) in which they are training*NB: successful candidates will be required to possess a qualification at least one level higher than the qualification in which they are assessing.
- English GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Communication, or equivalent.
- Maths GCSE at Grade C or above, OR Essential Skills level 2 (or higher) in Numeracy, or equivalent
- EITHER hold, or be in the process of completing an Assessors Award (TAQA or A1/A2 equivalent),
- give a commitment that you will undertake the Assessors Award (A1/A2 or equivalent) within one year
- Have at least 2 years' industrial experience within the last 5 years, of working in your chosen area of specialism.
Demonstrable experience of providing training in the chosen area of specialism.
The competencies required for effective performance in post are:
- Planning prioritising and organising
- Relationship Building
- Information / Data Analysis
- Communication and Personal Impact
- Deliver teaching, learning and assessment in the relevant in sectoral area
- To identify work placement opportunities for programme participants
- Provide a support and mentoring service for programme participants
- Develop and maintain relationships with employers to identify opportunities and ensure participants on the programme are placed accordingly
- Design and develop resources for learning in the area of specialism ensuring that technology enhanced learning is used where possible.
- Visit learners in the workplace to deliver teaching, learning and assessment towards their targeted qualifications.
- Complete participant reviews, provide feedback to relevant stakeholders and input progress updates into the project review tracking system.
- Complete documentation on teaching, learning and assessment in line with college systems and awarding body requirements within designated timescales.
- Manage their caseload to ensure retention and timely achievement in line with programme performance targets.
- Be familiar with the operational requirements of the Skills for Industry programme and other funded DfE projects
- Record all activity with employers on the relevant management information systems.
- Contribute to and participate in the department marketing and recruitment events, and other appropriate events
- Seek, receive, monitor and record all necessary documentation from employers, DFE and support staff to ensure completion of participant tracking, claims and records.
- Ensure that the workplace meets general Health & Safety requirements and bring any issues that require attention to the Skills for Industry Project Lead
- Ensure that all accidents are reported and recorded according to College procedures and Health and Safety Executive procedures within the required timescales
- Ensure that the employer has current Public and Employer Liability Insurance for the duration of the participant in training and that a copy of insurance is held on file.
- To comply with internal and external quality control mechanisms and internal and external verification and monitoring.
- To monitor attendance and report any noncompliance of students within funding or assessment regulations
- Participate in team meetings and case conferences where appropriate
- To promote, implement and ensure compliance with all statutory obligations and College policies and procedures in particular the College's Equality Scheme and Equal Opportunities Policy and actively promote equality and good relations in all aspects of college business.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland