Our client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a temporary full time Training Assistant to join their team.
Purpose of the role: To provide Clerical and administrative support services to the Training service team
- Provide initial advice and assistance to trainees, parents, staff, management, employers and third parties as required on the DEL funded training programmes.
- Input data onto the TMS relating to trainees on DEL funded training programmes, in line with DEL operational guidelines, update internal databases and liaise with MIS.
- Process all trainee travel claim and taxi documentation in accordance with DEL guidelines and liaise with DEL in relation to taxi claims and travel payments.
- Perform weekly payroll function for trainee allowances ensuring accuracy and validity of supporting documentation.
- Maintain register of trainee attendance.
- Input data, prepare and process monthly claims for payment in order to ensure financial claims are submitted accurately and within DEL funding time frame.
- Apply for Full Framework certificates within DEL time frames in order to trigger output related funding.
- Input trainee placement details and ensure placement information is up to date on TMS.
- Input PTPS / ePTPs and update reviews onto TMS.
- Work with Exams to ensure all trainees are registered with relevant awarding bodies in line with DEL guidelines.
- Maintain an appropriate filing system for all Training Contracts documentation.
- Monitor outstanding certificates in the professional and technical areas, essential skills, personal development and employ-ability and liaise with Exams office
- Maintain an appropriate filing system for all Training Contracts documentation
- Record and input data for the collation of IQRS statistics.
- Record and input output related funding data.
- Liaise with external agencies e.g. TMS Development Unit. Supplier Services, Training Programmes Branch, Job centres etc.
- Maintain a filing and tracking system for trainee certification.
- Process all trainee information for other DEL funded training contracts such as ETT and ETS and any others that may arise.
- Maintain appropriate documentation for audit purposes
- Receive correspondence, telephone calls, electronic mail and faxes
- Schedule meetings and appointments, maintain their electronic diary, receive visitors and deal with relevant queries
- Maintain designated filing system, for all aspects of the work of the Training Team
- Word-process documents such as letters and memos, service level agreements and produce information/presentation packs that can be used within all aspects of Training
- Create and maintain databases/ spreadsheets
- Ensure all documentation required is processed in a satisfactory and timely manner
- Requisition materials and resources as directed by the Training Co-ordinator.
- Liaise with relevant support functions to ensure efficient and effective operation of the Training Team
- To undertake duties as appropriate in support of the wider Directorate
- Applicants must hold a level 2 ICT or equivalent qualification and GCSE English and Mathematics at Grade C or above, or equivalent qualification.
- Applicants must demonstrate 2 year's experience in the last 4 years of using Microsoft office including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, email and internet packages.
- Demonstrate at least 6 month's experience within the last 3 years, of working in an administrative role dealing with the following: DEL funded programmes TFS/Apprenticeship NI
- Demonstrate at least 1 year's experience, within the last 3 years, of providing administrative support for business development.
- The proven ability to communicate confidently, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- The proven ability to effectively plan, prioritise and manage own workload and workload of manager making the best use of time and resources; maintain a focus on detail and accuracy and produce work of a high quality;
- Be able to demonstrate a high level of competence in the use of IT packages, in particular the MS Office Suite;
- The proven ability to analyse a range of information, consult effectively with others and draw sound conclusions based on the information available;
- The proven ability to work as part of a team and also to work on own initiative, taking personal responsibility for work;
- The proven ability to form and maintain effective relationships with key contacts internally and externally, displaying sensitivity, tact and diplomatic skills.