Our client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a Training Support Officer to join their team on a temporary basis.
2 positions available:
Post 1= 3-6 months to cover absence
Post 2= until August 2020
Reporting to: Work Based Learning Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor trainees/apprentices attendance and progress in line with internal procedures and DfE training guidelines.
- Source appropriate work placements.
- Liaise with trainee/apprentice, employers, curriculum teams and Quality Improvement team to ensure quality of provision.
- Contribute to trainee/apprentice support issues, including PTPs as required.
- Achieve targets for trainee/apprentice monitoring visits and work placements.
Ensure that all employers who have apprentices and/or offer work placements to trainees understand the role they and their company play.
- Source and organise, on an on-going basis, appropriate work placements for designated cohort of trainees/apprentices.
- Complete and maintain all documentation relating to work placements/apprenticeships in accordance with DfE guidelines.
- Ensure that the workplace meets general Health & Safety requirements and bring any issues that require attention to the Work Based Learning Manager.
- Ensure that the employer has current Public and Employer Liability Insurance for the duration of the trainee/apprentice period in training and that a copy of insurance is held on file in the Work based Learning Administration Office.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported and recorded according to procedures and Health and Safety Executive procedures within the required timescale.
- Monitor, for designated cohort of trainees/apprentices, attendance and progress in line with agreed targets, using agreed documentation, as designated by the Work Based Learning Manager.
- Visit trainees/apprentices to an agreed schedule and complete trainee/apprentices progress reviews within the prescribed time frame.
- Ensure that non-attendance of trainees/apprentices is identified and appropriate remedial action is implemented.
- Ensure that any lack of progress of trainees/apprentices is identified and appropriate remedial action is implemented.
- Work with relevant curriculum and student support staff to identify trainee/apprentice support needs.
- Participate in recruitment, marketing and induction activities for prospective trainees/ apprentices as required by Work Based Learning Manager, Marketing Manager and Student Admissions Manager.
- Participate in the completion of trainee/apprentice PTPS and progress reviews for designated cohort of trainees.
- Implement DfE contingency arrangements for those apprentices who lose their jobs in line with agreed DfE procedures, completing all appropriate documentation.
- Work with student support and relevant pastoral tutor and any other internal teams to initiate any necessary action to ensure the well-being of the trainee/apprentice.
- Work with curriculum teams to ensure all employers are provided with a training plan for their apprentice/trainee and the e-ptp system is updated regularly.
- Provide employer/work placement provider with regular feedback on trainee/apprentice attendance and progress and to discuss any issues that may arise.
- Provide regular feedback to Curriculum teams, Work Based Learning Manager and TSO Team Leader on trainees'/apprentices' progress.
- Provide on-going induction for trainees/apprentices to ensure awareness of correct procedures and requirements for their specific programme.
- Ensure all information is passed on to the Work Based Learning Manager, Training Administration Co-ordinator and Work Based Learning Administration Offices as required for the completion of claims and returns to DEL.
- Participate in team meetings as required by Work Based Learning Manager.
- At least 1 years experience within the last 5 years of working to support trainees/ apprentices within a Training Organisation
- Level 4 qualification OR at least two years experience in a role additional to that experience gained in above criterion above
- Access to suitable transport to undertake the main duties and responsibilities of the role
- Effective Communication skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise and manage own workload
- Ability to contribute to and work as part of a team
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office
- Effective administration skills
- A clear understanding of the administrative and monitoring processes associated with DFE Training contracts and ability to carry these out in accordance with DFE and other guidelines and deadlines