Our client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a Training Support Officer to join their team on a full time temporary basis.
To support trainees/apprentices on DfE funded training programmes and to provide a quality monitoring support service for the efficient and effective delivery of those programmes.
Each Training Support Officer will be allocated a cohort of 110 - 140 trainees/ apprentices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor trainees/apprentices attendance and progress in line with internal NRC procedures and DfE training guidelines.
- Source appropriate work placements.
- Liaise with trainee/apprentice, employers, curriculum teams and Quality Improvement team to ensure quality of provision.
- Contribute to trainee/apprentice support issues, including PTPs as required.
- Achieve NRC targets for trainee/apprentice monitoring visits and work placements.
- Ensure that all employers who have apprentices and/or offer work placements to trainees understand the role they and their company play.
- Source and organise, on an on-going basis, appropriate work placements for designated cohort of trainees/apprentices.
- Complete and maintain all documentation relating to work placements/apprenticeships in accordance with DfE and college guidelines.
- Ensure that the workplace meets general Health & Safety requirements and bring any issues that require attention to the Training Support Officer Team Leader.
- Ensure that the employer has current Public and Employer Liability Insurance for the duration of the trainee/apprentice period in training and that a copy of insurance is held on file in the Work based Learning Administration Office.
- Ensure that all accidents are reported and recorded according to procedures and Health and Safety Executive procedures within the required timescale.
- Monitor, for designated cohort of trainees/apprentices, attendance and progress in line with agreed targets, using agreed documentation, as designated by the Training Support Officer Team Leader.
- Visit trainees/apprentices to an agreed schedule and complete trainee/apprentices progress reviews within the prescribed time frame.
- Ensure that non-attendance of trainees/apprentices is identified and appropriate remedial action is implemented.
- Ensure that any lack of progress of trainees/apprentices is identified and appropriate remedial action is implemented.
- Work with relevant curriculum and student support staff to identify trainee/apprentice support needs.
- Participate in recruitment, marketing and induction activities for prospective trainees/ apprentices as required by Training Manager, Training Support Officer Team Leader Marketing Manager and Student Admissions Manager.
- Participate in the completion of trainee/apprentice PTPS and or E-ISLAS and progress reviews for designated cohort of trainees.
- Implement DfE contingency arrangements for those apprentices who lose their jobs in line with agreed DEL and NRC procedures, completing all appropriate documentation.
- Work with student support and relevant pastoral tutor and any other internal teams to initiate any necessary action to ensure the well-being of the trainee/apprentice.
- Work with curriculum teams to ensure all employers are provided with a training plan for their apprentice/trainee.
- Provide employer/work placement provider with regular feedback on trainee/apprentice attendance and progress and to discuss any issues that may arise.
- Provide regular feedback to Curriculum teams, Work Based Learning Manager and TSO Team Leader on trainees'/apprentices' progress.
- Provide on-going induction for trainees/apprentices to ensure awareness of correct procedures and requirements for their specific programme.
- Ensure all information is passed on to the TSO Team Leader , Training Administration t Co-ordinator and Work Based Learning Administration Offices as required for the completion of claims and returns to DEL.
- Participate in team meetings as required by Work Based Learning Manager and/or TSO Team Leader.
- At least 2 years' experience within the last 10 years of working to support trainees/ apprentices on DfE funded training programmes within a Training Organisation.
- Level 4 qualification OR at least two years' experience in a similar role additional to that experience gained in criterion above.
- Valid driving licence and access to a car for business purposes.
- The ability to communicate confidently, clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- Clear understanding of the administrative and monitoring processes associated with DfE training contracts and ability to carry these out in accordance with DfE & NRC guidelines and deadlines.
- The ability to effectively plan, prioritise and manage own workload making the best use of time and resources; maintain a focus on detail and accuracy and produce work of a high quality;
- Ensure all administration is carried out effectively and efficiently.
- A high level of competence in the use of IT packages, in particular the MS Office Suite;
- The ability to work as part of a team and also to work on own initiative, taking personal responsibility for work;