Our public sector client in the Newtownabbey area are looking to recruit a full time temporary Training Support Officer for their team.
The eligibility criteria for the recruitment and selection for the Training Support Officer position are the following:
- At least 2 years experience within the last 10 years of working to support trainees/ apprentices on DEL funded training programmes within a Training Organisation.
- Level 4 qualification OR at least two years experience in a similar role additional to that experience gained in criterion above
- Valid driving licence and access to a car for business purposes..
Job purpose:To support trainees/apprentices on DEL funded training programmes and to provide a quality monitoring support service for the efficient and effective delivery of those programmes
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor trainees/apprentices attendance and progress in line with internal procedures and DEL training guidelines.
- Source appropriate work placements.
- Liaise with trainee/apprentice, employers, curriculum teams and Quality Improvement team to ensure quality f provision.
- Contribute to trainee/apprentice support issues, including PTPs as required.
- Achieve NRC targets for trainee/apprentice monitoring visits and work placements.
- Ensure that all employers who have apprentices and/or offer work placements to trainees understand the role they and their company play.
- Source and organise, on an on-going basis, appropriate work placements for designated cohort of trainees/apprentices.
- Complete and maintain all documentation relating to work placements/apprenticeships in accordance with DEL and guidelines.
- Ensure that the workplace meets general Health & Safety requirements and bring any issues that require attention to the Training Manager.
- Ensure that the employer has current Public and Employer Liability Insurance for the duration of the trainee/apprentice period in training and that a copy of insurance is held on file in the Training Office
- Ensure that all accidents are reported and recorded according to procedures and Health and Safety Executive procedures within the required timescale.
- Monitor, for designated cohort of trainees/apprentices, attendance and progress in line with agreed targets, using agreed documentation, as designated by the Training Manager
- Visit trainees/apprentices to an agreed schedule and complete trainee/apprentices progress reviews within the prescribed time frame.
- Ensure that non-attendance of trainees/apprentice is identified and appropriate remedial action is implemented.
- Ensure that any lack of progress of trainees/apprentices is identified and appropriate remedial action is implemented.
- Work with relevant curriculum and student support staff to identify trainee/apprentice support needs.
- Participate in recruitment, marketing and induction activities for prospective trainees/ apprentices as required by Training Manager, Marketing Manager and Student Admissions Manager.
- Participate in the completion of trainee/apprentice PTPS and or E-ISLAS and progress reviews for designated cohort of trainees
- Implement DEL contingency arrangements for those apprentices who lose their jobs in line with agreed DEL and procedures, completing all appropriate documentation.
- Work with student support and relevant pastoral tutor and any other internal teams to initiate any necessary action to ensure the well-being of the trainee/apprentice.
- Work with curriculum teams to ensure all employers are provided with a training plan for their apprentice/trainee.
- Provide employer/work placement provider with regular feedback on trainee/apprentice attendance and progress and to discuss any issues that may arise.
- Provide regular feedback to Curriculum teams, Training Manager and trainees/apprentices on their progress
- Provide on-going induction for trainees/apprentices to ensure awareness of correct procedures and requirements for their specific programme.
- Ensure all information is passed on to the Training Manager, Economic Engagement Co-ordinator and Economic Engagement Offices as required for the completion of claims and returns to DEL.
- Participate in team meetings as required by Training Manager.
Must have enhanced Access NI within the last year- please be able to supply the issue number and date