TRANSPORT MANAGER | PERMANENT | DUBLIN 17 |
Located in Dublin 17 our client a fresh food manufacturer and distribution company which is expanding all over Ireland is searching for a Transport Manager to join their team. This is a Permanent position and is due to start in August 2019.
The Role |
The new team member will be responsible for the successful organisation of storage and distribution of goods within a van fleet based in Dublin and their sister office in Newry. They will be knowledgeable and confident in communicating with all stakeholders, have previous experience within a logistics supervisory role and understand the full circle supply chain within a fresh food, non HGV, multi-drop fleet. There will also the requirement to commute to Newry based on business requirements.
- Co-ordinate activities in areas of logistics including routing, loads and drivers ensuring resources are optimised in order to meet standards and requirements of stakeholders
- Maintain records and reports for vehicles are up to date within maintenance, licensed and road worthy certified
- Ensure all quality control and safety procedures are updated and adhered to, including food safety
- At least 3 - 4 years experience in a similar supervisory role with an ability to motivate your team and bring a high level of energy to the role
- Familiar with logistic processes
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to problem solve, make decisions and work as part of a team environment, self-manage and prioritise daily workload
- Willing to commute to sister office in Newry based on business requirements
Why Use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. Grafton Recruitment is a leading recruitment agency in Ireland. We have branches across the island including Swords, Walkinstown and Cork, with an expansion to Limerick, Galway, Sligo and Dundalk under way. Whether it's temporary contracts or full time employment, you can be sure that Grafton Recruitment Ireland will have the right career for you.
For all of our latest opportunities please go to our website www.graftonrecruitment.com
Thank you for reading the above, should you wish to apply for the role, please send your CV via the link to Lisa McCormack in the Swords Branch.