Grafton are delighted to be working with a growing company based in Armagh who are seeking an experienced Transport Planner to add to the team to assist in the planning of deliveries and collections and ensure all deliveries are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Manage existing client relationships to support the wider growth of the business.
- To Liaise with delegated customers to obtain weekly and seasonal forecast data, which will enable and improve forward planning.
- To ensure that the movements for each plan are entered into the system with map-based planning, to include collection and delivery times, mileage and all empty running.
- To ensure that every plan is achievable and meets all legal requirements.
- To ensure that each job is planned in the most efficient and viable way possible, which minimises empty running and maximises revenue.
- To work with the planning manager and other members of the planning team to ensure that every Job-required for that day is planned in good time.
Key Responsibilities for Inbound Planner
- Follow the plan for drivers ensuring that they are parked up on time to reload home
- Liaise with the Tracking Team to ensure all deliveries are on time and report any issues to the Shift Manager in a timely way
- Cross check the Load Availability Sheet against the Plan and amend where necessary for ad hoc loads that may come in
- Check all collections in the UK to ensure that jobs are correctly split for onward delivery in Ireland.
- Allocate Drivers to any re planned loads
- Book boats for incoming loads.
- Record trailers that have been dropped and collected and update.
- Escalate any issues to the Shift Manager immediately to allow them to be dealt with in a timely manner.
- Provide Night shift Planners and with a comprehensive handover to include any potential issues following on from the Day 1 Plan.
Key Responsibilities for Outbound Planner
- Complete a comprehensive handover Loaders so as to pick up any issues from the previous night
- Build any new or replanned loads from customer orders.
- Allocate the correct boat for first delivery time.
- Ensure all pallets are delivered in time to make their ongoing trunks.
- Make sure temperatures for all loads are correct.
- Reconcile final orders from customers with Manpac to ensure what is sent out matches what is on the system.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.