Role: UX Designer
Grafton Specialist recruitment has been retained to recruit a UX Designer role for a company based in Letterkenny Co Donegal who provide a vast range of business and technology services. This post requires an experienced UX Designer
Building on the existing foundation within the company, we are investing to expand the UX Services we offer our parent company, to create better engagement though the next generation of digital experience.
We are looking for a User Experience Designer with strong interests and capabilities in the design and development of engaging user experiences.
The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
This individual excels at providing both highly analytical as well as highly creative ideas in a diverse team. The candidate will also have experience in a fast-paced and innovative environment. A solid understanding of contemporary user-centered research and design methodologies is important.
The chosen candidate will join the multi-disciplined Analysis and Design Capability, while collaborating closely with front-end Developers from across the Systems Department. This person will be responsible for enhancing the user experience across a range of services and applications.
- Executing interaction design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Collaborating on user experience planning with other company teams
- Consulting with US Stakeholders on user experience
- Researching interaction design and technology trends
- Creating prototypes, scenarios and test cases
- Applying user\human centered design practices
- Ensure robust, modern design practices and methodologies are implemented.
- Initiating, suggesting and spearheading UX improvements.
- Delivering designs and prototypes to UI specifications for engineering
The Designer may be required to travel to the US as required
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 2-5 years UX, UI and Design experience in a Web development environment with in-depth knowledge of user interface design principals, responsive web design, user centric design processes, accessibility and usability methodologies.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline with add on qualifications or training in UX Design, Interactive Design, Human Computer Interaction (HCI) or related disciplines.
- Generate user interaction models, information architecture, wire frames and screen flows.
- Strong understanding of user research, wire framing, personas and other HCI methods.
- Apply creative solutions to address ambiguous, large, complex problems and projects
- Understand and successfully deliver designs that meet measurable criteria
- Act as a user advocate and create design artifacts through the entire delivery process
- Facilitate discussions and presentations for both working and delivery purposes
- Ability to address change with flexibility and ease
- Be aware of, and ideally experienced in design thinking methodologies
- Apply journey mapping when thinking of how the user satisfies their need
- Work within a cross-functional team and handle multiple tasks with tight deadlines
- A creative thinker, paired with strong analytical ability.
- Champion design decisions with qualified rationale including research and data
- Agile trained and ideally experienced
- Professional experience in web 2.0 coding HTML and CSS.
- Passion for UX design and intuitive empathy for everyday users.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Ability to:
- Work in a challenging environment handling the management of issues in a calm, professional and controlled manner
- Prioritize and organize own work to meet deadlines
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.