Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Verification & Vouching Grants Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 4 Months (initially)
Pay rate: £14.19 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT2
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
- Experience of working in an organisation processing grant claims;
- A part qualified Accountant or Auditor
- Assist groups with the development of appropriate financial systems for the effective management and accounting of publicly funded grant aid.
- Provide ongoing financial support to recipients of grant aid. This will involve advising applicants/recipients of grant aid, drafting reports, maintaining accurate records and monitoring their agreed work plan.
- Assist in the vouching/verification of claims submitted by funded groups and provide advice to grant recipients of the eligibility of expenditure.
- Prepare regular financial reports for the Council, and Government Departments (as appropriate) as directed.
- Co-ordinate payments to funded groups in accordance with agreed work plans and letters of offer.
- Assist in maintaining the Council's databases.
- Representing the Council at conferences, workshops and information events.
- Submitting regular reports on work undertaken.
- Working in conjunction with other CRC staff, where projects are of mutual concern.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland