Grafton Recruitment are working in partnership with a large public sector organisation to recruit a temporary Verification Officer to start ASAP for a duration of 7 Months (initially)
Pay rate: £14.01 per hour
Location: Belfast, BT1
Hours: Mon - Fri (9.00am - 5.00pm)
A minimum of 2 years' experience carrying out verification or audit of expenditure.
A minimum of 2 years' experience working in financial accounting.
A minimum of 2 years' experience conducting payroll processing.
A minimum of 2 years' experience reviewing financial processes and / or controls.
2 years' experience liaising with multiple stakeholders to achieve a positive outcome.
A current UK Driving Licence with access to a car. This will be waived in the case of an applicant whose disability prohibits driving but who is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements.
The key elements that constitute the role of the Verification Officer for the Victims and Survivors Service are as follows:
- Ensure expenditure incurred is eligible, actual and consistent with the project concerned and monitor verification of expenditure against budgets.
- Complete verification forms, and produce verification reports as necessary, highlighting areas of non-compliance or potentially ineligible expenditure, detailing irregularities that will need reported to VSS management for recovery action.
- Ensure that projects comply with descriptions given in grant applications; confirm compliance with contract conditions and verify grant funding has been used as specified in the Letter of Offer.
- Design and tailor the nature and the scope of verification work to address the size and nature of projects and uncover and address irregularities.
- Be responsible for undertaking financial control visits, verification of projects, ensuring management control systems operate satisfactorily.
- Regularly report to the Governance Officer on non-compliance and financial irregularities and provide 'best practice' recommendations for improvement in line with the Best Practice Guidelines.
- Contribute to the review of monitoring and evaluation of the VSS funding schemes, policies and procedures, projects and programmes.
- Support the implementation of the VSS policies in relation to its statutory compliance.
- Liaise with VSS staff and a wide range of organisations and support the maintenance of positive client relationships.
- Organise and manage own workload to meet the changing priorities of the VSS.
- Ensure the safe storage of all financial records within the area of responsibility.
- Facilitate the work of internal and external auditors appointed to report on matters relating to the verification of funding.
- Work flexibly to meet the requirements of the post, as occasional meetings out of office hours may be required.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake an Access NI Disclosure check at a cost of £18/£33. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Lesley-Anne Fitzgerald will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland