Grafton Recruitment has been appointed as HSCNI's number 1 recruitment provider for Admin, Clerical and Support Services.
Band 3 Ward Clerk required on a temporary basis based in Craigavon Area.
Hours of work: Rota basis covering evening shifts of 2pm - 4pm and 4pm - 8pm (including weekends and Bank Holidays)
Rate of Pay: £8.90 per hour
Hours: 20 hours
Duration: 6 months
1.Record ward activity on daily ward return and validate against Midnight Bed Return report and FLOW board.
2.Book outpatient appointments and record admissions, discharges and ward attenders on Patient Centre/PAS.
3. File reports and other relevant information in the patient's case note folders, ensuring filing is up-to-date at all times and prepared for ward rounds.
4. Maintain case note folders in a tidy manner, replacing folders if necessary, inserting continuation pages and mount sheets as required.
5 Ensure patient case note folders are available on the ward when a patient is admitted.
6. General reception duties which include managing the door system, greeting patients, relatives, members of staff, the public and clergy.
7. Answer telephone calls and take appropriate action.
8. Be responsible for incoming and outgoing mail, including sorting and re-directing as appropriate.
9. Check, maintain and order all stationery for the ward.
10. Issue inpatient hospital certificates.
11. Ensure the discharge summary form is completed with full and accurate details, before passing to Clinical Coding Department.
12. Provide clerical support to other areas within the department during periods of absence of Ward Clerk.
13. Report faults to Maintenance Department.
14. Ensure correspondence is forwarded to GP's within a timely manner.
15. Ensure the clinical coding and audit forms are completed, with full and accurate details, before passing to Administrator's office.
16. Ensure case note tracking is accurate and up to date.
- 4 GCSE's (Grade A - C including English Language)1 year clerical experience plus (Equivalent Qualifications Considered) or 2 years experience
- The ability to work in a team.
- Effective communication skills
- Computer literacy - Experience in the use of Microsoft office products including Word and Excel or equivalent.
- OCR/RSA/GCSE Stage 2 Word Processing/Typing Parts 1 & 2 or equivalent qualification OR a minimum of 6 months word processing experience.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Diane McGregor will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Grafton Recruitment regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £26 - £33 depending on clearance level.
PLEASE NOTE THE CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE Friday 15th February 2019.
Why use Grafton?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please contact Diane McGregor on 02830 251808 and apply with your CV by clicking the button