Warehouse Operative (days) | Newtownards | £8.19p/h
Grafton Recruitment, in partnership with a market leader in the manufacturing of dairy products, is currently seeking an experienced warehouse/site operative to join them on an initial temporary contract. This is an initial two to three month assignment which has the possibility to be extended further.
The purpose of the role is to be responsible for the daily operation of site services on the Newtownards site to include maintenance, restocking, cleaning and upkeep of all relevant services.
- Adherence to safe working procedures and practices at all times.
- Efficient daily operation of site services including cleaning, waste removal and upkeep of internal and external areas
- Assisting Building maintenance operator with daily maintenance tasks.
- Assisting hygiene personnel in completion of daily tasks.
- Maintain a high level of Housekeeping of specific areas, e.g. Waste Water Treatment Plant, Trailer Park, Recycling areas etc. to ensure audit compliance.
- Provide cover and assistance to Hygiene department as required.
- To be flexible with working hours to suit business requirements.
- Execution of non-routine support activities such as cleaning and painting of equipment and any other reasonable tasks as required.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety of self and others, ensuring compliance with safety regulations in area of responsibility, in line with all relevant Health and Safety legislation.
- Ensure compliance with all site Quality and Environmental requirements, in line with relevant standards.
- To develop own performance by completing relevant learning and development activities.
- The above list is not exhaustive and the post holder may be required to undertake other duties as may be reasonably expected. All employees are required to be flexible and co-operate to meet business needs.
- Counterbalance forklift licence
- Previous experience in a warehouse environment
- GCSE English, Maths & Science (or equivalent)
For further details please contact Craig on 02890242824 or submit your CV via the link. Please note that only candidates who meet the essential criteria will be considered for this position.