Warehouse Operative/Rewind Opertive
To take responsibility for setting and running the rewinding machines working flexibly across all machines and products in our product range and taking responsibility for quality inspecting printed reels of labels as agreed with each individual customer to ensure that all goods released are fit for purpose in accordance and compliance with ISO standards.
To work safely and comply with established safe systems of working and the company's best practice quality procedures.
- Set up various rewind machines and run printed labels through the rewind inspection machines to customer specification and in compliance with ISO 9001 Pharmaceutical code of Practice
- Ensure finished printed labels are defect free and of a high quality standard
- Adhere to the finishing plan
- Maximise machine efficiency and to achieve daily/weekly production targets
- Follow GMP and best practice processes including line clearance procedures on machines and surrounding area
- To inspect each order in accordance with final release procedures and agreed sampling plans
- To quality inspect printed reels and ensuring only conforming goods are released for dispatch to customers
- To make quality judgements when required, taking into account individual customer quality requirements and commercial decisions
- To flag, tag and resolve quality issues wherever possible and record and inform appropriate parties of issues and shortages and possible courses of action including removing defect product
- Pack jobs to customer satisfaction and specification and release for dispatch
- To ensure correct and accurate processing of sequential numbering/back numbering of jobs to meet customer requirement where appropriate
- To maintain good housekeeping standards
- To be a flexible team member and assist in other ad hoc duties to ensure the function operates efficiently and effectively
- To assist in other areas and departments as business need requires
- Ensure compliance and adherence to documentation procedures including VWT, SFDC, C Works and other manual or electronic records
- To liaise with internal departments and external customers as and when required concerning day-to-day production, quality and delivery issues
- Adhere to all standard operating procedures and accreditation standards ensuring existing technology is being optimised and used effectively to support the manufacture of good quality product To train in new systems of work as a result of customer specification changes or new ways of working in production and ensure adherence within production processes
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives in production
Health and safety
- To work in a safe manner adhering to laid down health and safety procedures.
- To keep work area clean tidy ensuring that the highest standards of housekeeping are always maintained.
- To report all accidents and dangerous occurrences to management
- To keep work area clean tidy ensuring that the highest standards of housekeeping are always maintained
- Participate in maintenance and asset care programmes ensuring planned maintenance and maintenance regimes completed to set procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Experience of operating equivalent machinery in a manufacturing environment
- Experience of assessing quality and taking decisions to remove defective products
- A good eye for colour and detail and the ability to examine printed material to a high quality standard
- Demonstrable experience of good team working & communication skills
- Demonstrable experience of working to high quality standards
- Demonstrable evidence of good housekeeping practices
- Ability to take responsibility for output and quality of labels produced
- Health and safety awareness