Warehouse Team Leader
Grafton Recruitment is currently recruiting for a seasoned Team Leader who is looking to work in one of the world biggest multi national companies.
There is a GREAT PACKAGE on offer.
As a Team Leader, your primary role is to coordinate and manage the employees. A maximum of 10 warehouse employees report into you.
- Responsible for an area (Performance, Quality, On-Time-Operations, 5S, Health & Safety).
- Lead a team of Warehouse Associates to ensure all key performance targets are met.
- Train new starters.
- Cover supervisor absence.
- Willing to travel e.g. QCC/Training
- Support team members' questions relating to operations and PL21 system.
- Briefs his/her team daily on performance, volumes and other relevant information.
- Promote kaizen activities and run QCC's (Quality Control Circles) with team members.
- Be a 5S leader - ensure a clean, safe environment with everything in its place (home positions for equipment).
- Supports Company objectives and targets on a daily basis.
- Acts as a leader of a team of warehouse employees and takes responsibility for the area and flow of work.
- Acts as a problem solver and first point of contact when problems occur.
- Leads by example to achieve quality, productivity and kaizen targets and coaches other warehouse operatives to improve their skills base and flexibility.
- Cascades information to associates in order for them to complete their tasks.
- Listens to associates and advises supervisors if problems arise, giving feedback when required.
- Always looks for a better way (kaizen) in own role and processes undertaken in work area.
- Works to ensure all employees observe the Health and Safety requirements on site.
- Ensures and maintain good 5S standards.
- Liaises with all staff on site to ensure that daily flow of work is achieved efficiently.
- A minimum of 3 year warehouse experience in a similar role.
- Strong PL21 system knowledge and strong data handling skills, both numerical and verbal to facilitate tasks.
- Experience of working across picking, binning, sorting and storage areas.
- Excellent communication skills - ability to deal with challenging situations.
- Good motivational skills with a positive approach.
- Confidence and the ability to demonstrate good leadership skills and to lead by example, even when under pressure.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Good time management skills and ability to manage others time appropriately.
- Understanding of Health and Safety requirements on site.
- Word, excel and lotus notes knowledge desirable
- 42K Annual Salary.
- Pension Scheme.
- Overtime Pay.
- On site parking & Canteen.
- Future Career Progression Opportunities with the Company.
- 23 Days annual leave.
- Monday- Friday / Daytime Hours