Our well established client in the Ballymena area are looking to recruit a Warranty Claims Assessor to join their team on a permanent basis.
Purpose of Post:
Customcare are currently recruiting a Warranty Claims Assessor for their team. The successful applicant will be responsible for carrying out prompt assessment of warranty claims. To decline or authorise warranty claims to achieve a cost effective settlement.
- To review, maintain and manage, in-service vehicle failures inputted to the Customcare Fault Log.
- Data Analysis & Management of the Customcare Management Information System (MIS).
- Liaise with Customcare Operational & Regional Area management on accuracy and validity of information inputted to (MIS). Consistent format and detail of information will aid warranty claim process.
- To make a considered decision on the validity of warranty claims based on information received from Mobile Service Engineer (MSE) and the service/warranty agreements.
- To ensure each claim is categorised within agreed guidelines
- To ensure all claims are processed in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Liaise direct with strategic partner's service networks to minimise disruption and cost.
- Liaise with Regional Service Managers to ensure Purchase Order coverage received for works determined to be chargeable to vehicle operators.
- Liaise with Regional Service Managers to achieve effective claim dispute resolution based on warranty agreements.
- Responsible for communicating to Reliability Engineering any problem components used and ensuring they are designed out of future vehicles.
- To provide regular feedback/reporting to divisions.
- To support managers to manage key risks within the department.
- Comply with all Health and safety requirements whilst carrying out duties.
- To provide ongoing progress updates and any other reports as required.
- To undertake any other duties conducive to the effective operation of the post.
- 5 GCSE's to include Maths and English (Grade C+) or equivalent
- Demonstrate ability to deal with customers/vendors and Engineers
- Experience using emails and phones
- Computer Literate with experience of spreadsheets and databases
- Ability to work as a member of a team. Strong communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and is forward thinking
- Ability to meet targets and work in a professional manner
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and unsupervised in a pressurised environment
- Good communication skills
- Able and willing to work overtime as required with a flexible working ethos
- Willing to undertake training courses as part of personal development plan
- Experience of creating reports
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of bus building processes and parts
- Experience in an engineering environment
- Knowledge of MIS SYSTEM
- Bill of material knowledge
- General vehicle chassis repair knowledge
- General vehicle body repair knowledge
- Sage line 500 system