Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation requires a temporary full time Waste Water Operator to start as soon as possible for a temporary assignment expected to last for 6 months, with possible extension.
Pay rate: £11.51p/h
Hours: 37.5 hours per week Monday to Friday
2 GCSEs (or equivalent) in English and Math's at Grade C or above
A minimum of one years' experience working in operation and maintenance activities within the Utility Sector or Construction Industry OR A minimum of one years' experience in the operation and or / maintenance of a wastewater treatment plant or similar type treatment process in another Industry
Basic knowledge and experience of using computer applications such as Microsoft Outlook and Internet Explorer or similar
Applicants must hold a full current driving licence enabling them to drive in Northern Ireland as successful applicants will be required to drive company vehicles.
Be medically fit to undergo any training in relation to confined space work.
A requirement to participate in an out of hours on-call and overtime rota as well as a requirement to work overtime; including weekends and public and privilege holiday and provide cover for others when the need arises.
Potential employees must have a permanent residence within 20 miles travelling distance by public road to the geographical location specific to the post Belfast BT39AR, as measured by RAC Route Planner from full postcode to full postcode via the 'shortest route' selection on the website. This is to enable the business to meet its key customer service requirements and deliver effective services to customers, particularly in respect of the need to respond promptly to out of hours emergencies
The successful candidate will operate under the direct supervision of their Field Manager to ensure effective and efficient operation of the wastewater assets in their area of responsibility to ensure compliance with all regulatory standards. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Process checks at delegated WwTWs (Waste Water Treatment Works)
- Process related pre-planned duties
- Dealing with reactive process faults/alarms
- Maintenance duties as required throughout area including low frequency non-process task
- Optimisation of wastewater assets including trouble shooting of faults
- Policy Implementation and participation - Operation of Mobile Work Management and Lone worker/confined spaces systems
- Provide operational cover for Assets Operator colleagues during absence periods
- Ensure good time management of personal day to day activities
- Actively contribute towards the achievement of team KPI's
- Perform to clear and agreed personal goals, provide regular feedback on performance against these goals and ensure performance appraisals are completed.
- Ensure a high level of compliance and customer service is delivered
- Responsible for active management and successful delivery of personal and career development plans
- Ensure knowledge of waste water treatment process by attendance at relevant training etc.
- Finds opportunities to develop new ideas to solve problems or improve work practices and shares this information at Team Meetings and with Management.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland