Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation requires a temporary full time Network Sewerage Technician to start as soon as possible for a temporary assignment expected to last until March 2019 with possible extension.
Pay rate: £12.36p/h
Hours: 37 hours per week
At least 3 years' experience in a wastewater/network sewerage environment.
Experience in dealing directly with customers, demonstrating good oral and written communications skills; good IT skills and a good working knowledge and understanding of the Geographic Information System tool.
Experience in dealing with contractors and an understanding of contract documentation
A good understanding in the use of CCTV systems and Jetvac equipment and be prepared to be trained in the use of both where required.
A good understanding of Health & Safety legislation particularly in regards to Streetworks and be medically fit to undergo any training in relation to confined space work.
A full, current driving license.
A requirement to participate in an out of hours on-call and overtime rota as well as a requirement to work overtime; including weekends and public and privilege holiday and provide cover for others when the need arises.
Potential employees must have a permanent residence within 20 miles travelling distance by public road to the geographical location specific to BT3 9JS , as measured by RAC Route Planner from full postcode to full postcode via the 'shortest route' selection on the website. This is to enable the business to meet its key customer service requirements and deliver effective services to customers, particularly in respect of the need to respond promptly to out of hours emergencies.
The key objective of the Wastewater Network Sewerage Technician is to ensure the delivery of sewerage services, which comply with regulatory, and customer service standards.
Duties will include but not limited to:
- Deal with network problems with the aim to determine the extent of the issues. They will be expected to provide an informed assessment of the remedial action and follow on work required to ensure that the company maintains its standards of service to the customers, whilst ensuring at all times safe networks operations.
- Respond to and offer resolution where required on all customer facing activities for the wastewater team including the handling of customer complaints from both the sewerage network and the wastewater functions, in their area of responsibility.
- Assist the Field Manager in the development of network maintenance schedules including street ironwork and desilting programs to ensure optimum performance of the sewer network and compliance against agreed KPI's such as out of sewer flooding and pollution incidents.
- Assist the Field Manager in the implementation of procedures and processes related to identifying and reducing the level of internal and external flooding incidents due to other causes from the sewer network.
- Carry out quality checks on all aspects of contractor work with regard to the sewer network and complete necessary paperwork.
- Operate the CCTV system were appropriate to ascertain the condition of the sewer network both in conjunction with the JETVAC operator or operating as a single man camera operator;
- Work in tandem with a Jetvac unit providing operational assistance in the operation of the Jetvac to carry out desilting where appropriate to help alleviate flooding and sewer blockages.
- When required provide a detailed report of CCTV work and in conjunction with the Jetvac unit, assist the Wastewater Networks Field Manager to develop an initial assessment of the remedial action required and subsequent follow on work that may be required to ensure that the company maintains its standards of service to the customers.
- Preparation of all necessary paper and electronic documentation including plant log sheets, waste movement dockets and waste handling documentation.
Please note that successful candidate's will be required to complete a Basic Access NI Security Clearance at a cost of £26.00. A person's criminal record will not, in itself, debar that person from being appointed to this post. Any information given will be treated in the strictest confidence.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, Laura Hagan will be in touch to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
**PLEASE NOTE THIS ROLE MAY BE FILLED VERY QUICKLY BUT WE WILL KEEP YOUR DETAILS ON FILE FOR ANY FUTURE ROLES THAT COME THROUGH THAT YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN**
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland