Web Application Software Engineer
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Web Application Software Engineer for a true market leading engineering and design firm based in Lisburn, Co. Antrim Northern Ireland.
The ideal applicant will be experienced in developing Java-based web applications with a full understanding of the complete QA testing process.
Summary of Duties
- Developing high quality software as well as unit and component tests within a continuous integration environment
- Co-ordinating with the Product Owner, team members and other stakeholders to meet business objectives
- Participating in project planning sessions and providing estimates
- Understanding the product and domain to write technical specifications
- Configuring and maintaining deployment environments
- Participating in an end to end system QA testing
- Investigating new technologies and continually improving and updating their technical knowledge and skills
- Minimum 2:1 degree in Software Engineering / Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in object-oriented programming using Java and Java EE technologies
- Experience building Java-based web applications using Spring Framework, Spring Boot, Hibernate/JPA
- Experience developing RESTful APIs
- Experience writing unit/functional tests using libraries like JUnit, Mockito, etc
- Experience in relational databases e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Working knowledge of web servers and deployment on Linux platform
- Knowledge of source code revision control, preferably GIT
- AngularJS / Angular 2+, Node.js
- Experience with the Eclipse IDE for software development.
- Experience with one or more scripting language e.g. Python, Perl, Ruby
- Experience with web application UI/UX design and development using popular frameworks such as Bootstrap
- Experience in functional programming using Java 8 or other languages
- Experience working in an Agile environment with Continuous Integration and Deployment
- Experience with NoSQL databases e.g. MongoDB, Neo4j
- Working knowledge of UNIX/Linux Operating System(s)
- Knowledge of Microservices, Containerization, Cloud services
You will receive a competitive package, the opportunity to work for a true market leading global company.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Jonathan McConnell at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement.